• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car repair history from Acura Dealers

Does anyone know if all the Acura dealers are tied together for repair history? Can I go to my local dealer and see if my car has been serviced by any Acura dealer nationwide?

Bought mine and didnt get any history to speak of.

jdoner said:
Does anyone know if all the Acura dealers are tied together for repair history? Can I go to my local dealer and see if my car has been serviced by any Acura dealer nationwide?
The dealers are not tied together for complete repair history. Each dealer can (usually) retrieve all records of service performed at that particular dealership, only. Any dealer can also retrieve records performed at any dealership nationwide, but ONLY for recall- and TSB-related work.

For example, for any particular NSX, you will be able to find out from any dealer if the cooling system hoses and/or water pump were replaced as part of TSB 92-030. However, you will not be able to find out if the water pump and timing belt were replaced as part of normal scheduled maintenance, except from the dealership that performed the service.

jdoner said:

Bought mine and didnt get any history to speak of.

I read some posts on this site that all dealership has warranty work info., but only up to 6 years.

Back