• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car restoration, coming soon

So, ever since a few weeks after I began to train as an auto technician at school, I have been yearning to get out and turn wrenches. Unfortunately, the Commander probably is better off left unscathed :wink: so for Christmas, I had a chat with my parents and so the "gift" this year is, we are going to find an old car to take in, and restore it at the school's auto tech shop. This is actually not too unusual for the shop. I had not thought a search would be this simple, but on a quick look through eBay classifieds: http://shreveport.ebayclassifieds.com/classic-cars/natchitoches/lincoln-2dr-coupe/?ad=24002302

A 1969 (incorrectly labeled as 1968) Continental coupe probably for a few hundred dollars rather than the thousand since it has been listed since October. Now that is one car good for restoration. I can see a small dent in the pictures but the rest of it looks unmolested, if probably rusted. My guess is, the rest of the car is close to worthless. It needs, essentially, a ground-up restoration - that comes as no surprise and is welcomed. Lately I have done right around nothing with most of my time, so I should have the time to work a lot on this project, and the resources of the shop along with other techs to aide. If it all pans out and this happens, I will be happily updating this thread with the details! :biggrin:

Clark

Last edited:
Back