• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car stereo installation place?

Anybody have experience with La Jolla Audio in San Diego? I heard they were the best from several people. For a high-end sound system and alarm, they are quoting about $8000. Do you think that's reasonable for a high-end system?

Thanks.

Lopaka69 said:
Anybody have experience with La Jolla Audio in San Diego? I heard they were the best from several people. For a high-end sound system and alarm, they are quoting about $8000. Do you think that's reasonable for a high-end system?

Thanks.

Lopaka69,

La Jolla Audio is well known for high prices and great work. However, its too pricy in my opinon.

Many of the installers in San Diego will agree that they are little too pricy for the work they do.

I got my NSX worked on by Cliff at Progresive auto of roscran blvd. Cliff is well known among top installers. He works on many factory sponsor cars that is show cased in stereo mags and also at CES.

Give him a call or stop by and tell him you were referred by Kenny w/99 black NSX.

I would give you his number, but I am out of town as we speak.
Call him or stop by during the weekday only. He does not work on weekends.

Good luck and post pics of your new system.

Kenny

p.s. if you have further questions. PM me next week and we'll talk.

I don't know anything about K-2's installer, but I did hear his system at NSXPO. He has the best sounding nearly stock system I've ever heard. This guy must be top notch!

Does anyone know the address for this Progressive Auto? I couldn't find it in Yahoo Yellow pages.

Thanks.

There's two are right near each other:

PROGRESSIVE MOBILE ELECTRONICS
3206 MOORE ST, SAN DIEGO, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 294-7735

PROGRESSIVE MOBILE ELECTRONICS SAN DIEGO
3677 CAMINO DEL RIO W, SAN DIEGO, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 295-8565

I wouldn't be surprised if they're related and can forward you to the other one if necessary.

Both streets are right where Rosecrans ends.

Phone #

Lopaka69 said:
Does anyone know the address for this Progressive Auto? I couldn't find it in Yahoo Yellow pages.

Thanks.

Lopaka69,

If you can wait till monday, than I would be able to pm you the number you need.

Cliff, has his own number from the store. As for the other address that are posted, I am not sure if thats correct. The location of the store is about 100 meters after the exit off sport arena rosecran exit from heading 8 west. The shop is on your left.

I'll get you the number on Monday.

Kenny

Thanks so much. I want a good system, but $8000 is a lot more than I was planning on. Pls give me the number, and I'll try to catch him next week.

Also, anybody have any experience with Streetnoyz by the Sports Arena. They quoted me $3500 for stereo/alarm, and this is keeping the stock radio.

Thanks again.

What are they doing to the existing radio/speakers for the portion of the $3,500 quote?

$399 6.5" poly glass comp set v-2
$549 50X4
$399 8" woofer w/hyperbolic paper
$585 fiberglass sub box
$125 install separates
$75 install 4 channel amp
$65 factory interface
$40 8ga wiring kit
$75 install cd changer
$249 alpine 6 disc
$529 intelliguard 850 installed
$50 pwr lock interface
$65 trunk release

~$1220 labor

Lopaka69 said:
$399 6.5" poly glass comp set v-2
$549 50X4
$399 8" woofer w/hyperbolic paper
$585 fiberglass sub box
$125 install separates
$75 install 4 channel amp
$65 factory interface
$40 8ga wiring kit
$75 install cd changer
$249 alpine 6 disc
$529 intelliguard 850 installed
$50 pwr lock interface
$65 trunk release

~$1220 labor

What the heck is the power lock interface? The Intelliguard has the negative output that requires nothing but a connnector to our cars....

And for the Trunk release??? $65 to attach a wire???? Hey you are getting stroked on that alarm install... IF you need a guy I know someone in the LA area that might help you with the wiring digram....

From the advice of K2, I went to Cliff at Progressive Mobile Electronics. He presented me several different options, and the high-end option was less than 1/2 the price of La Jolla Audio. New radio, dynaudio speakers, front-pillar tweeters, double amps, double subs, all for under 4 grand.

Thanks for the recommendation, K2.

Lopaka69 said:
From the advice of K2, I went to Cliff at Progressive Mobile Electronics. He presented me several different options, and the high-end option was less than 1/2 the price of La Jolla Audio. New radio, dynaudio speakers, front-pillar tweeters, double amps, double subs, all for under 4 grand.

Thanks for the recommendation, K2.

So how did this install go and were you happy ?

This thread is 3 years old so does anyone know if this installer (Cliff) is still @ Progressive ?
Or can anyone recommend anywhere In San Diego that has worked on the NSX recently ?

Thanks - jim -

Back