• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car was just egged.....I need some help....

This totally sucks!!

I parked my car infront of my friends house (in a very nice quite and heavily secured (always see patrol cars driving around)) for the weekend when I went camping.

When I got back, I noticed someone had thrown around 3 eggs at it...I don't know when it happened. I left Friday around and got back today (sunday) to find this crap!!

Am I going to have to repaint it (on trunk and drivers side rear fender)? I got most of it off, but it was baking under the sun so it left a very weird effect....this strange flaking, bubbling disease-looking, spidery pattern what feels to be UNDER the clear coat!!

I can see it, but I can't feel it!! Will this be something that can be buffed down, or will it have to be repainted?

I hate people...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

You should post a duplicate thread in the 'Detailing' section. Hopefully some of the paint and detailing gurus can help you out.

Sorry to hear of your pain, skum that live to hurt others should be dealt with. They get their jollys hurting others :mad: Hope it works out, as others have said a good detailer can make a huge improvement.

Ramon's guy can do miracle............I do for a fact!!!!

Spinner said:
This totally sucks!!

I parked my car infront of my friends house (in a very nice quite and heavily secured (always see patrol cars driving around)) for the weekend when I went camping.

When I got back, I noticed someone had thrown around 3 eggs at it...I don't know when it happened. I left Friday around and got back today (sunday) to find this crap!!

Am I going to have to repaint it (on trunk and drivers side rear fender)? I got most of it off, but it was baking under the sun so it left a very weird effect....this strange flaking, bubbling disease-looking, spidery pattern what feels to be UNDER the clear coat!!

I can see it, but I can't feel it!! Will this be something that can be buffed down, or will it have to be repainted?

I hate people...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mel,

Damn, Im sorry to hear about what happened.. Some people deserve a serious beat down! :mad:

If you can't get the marks off the car, let me know before you get it repainted.. I have a teflon based polymer cleaner called "racer's edge" that I got from a detailer.

I can't say for sure that it will help with your problem but it did remove 2 year old spray paint and bird droppings off of a friend's car.

I was also able to remove crusty calcium and built up minerals due to hard water from my X with it after baking in the las vegas sun for a weekend.

It is NOT an abrasive so if it doesn't work, it will not make it any worse than it already is.. Let me know if and when you're interested in trying it out.

-jeff-

blknsxnoc said:
Mel,

Damn, Im sorry to hear about what happened.. Some people deserve a serious beat down! :mad:

If you can't get the marks off the car, let me know before you get it repainted.. I have a teflon based polymer cleaner called "racer's edge" that I got from a detailer.

I can't say for sure that it will help with your problem but it did remove 2 year old spray paint and bird droppings off of a friend's car.

I was also able to remove crusty calcium and built up minerals due to hard water from my X with it after baking in the las vegas sun for a weekend.

It is NOT an abrasive so if it doesn't work, it will not make it any worse than it already is.. Let me know if and when you're interested in trying it out.

-jeff-

Don't know anything about the products but if you want to try them you can do so for little $$$ here http://www.racersedgeproducts.com/s...id=19&osCsid=5fa66c70d888a8bf3c445afe75d91a5b

Very sorry to hear that. Some people are just plain haters.

Rub your fingernail over the affected area and see if it "grabs" your nail. If it does then it will probably need to be touched up. If it is somewhat smooth try clay first.

If no luck with clay go to 3M perfect-it II polishing compound. If that still didn't do the trick, try 3M rubbing compound.

I wouldn't think you would need to get re-sprayed. Could you post a pic?

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. I'll try all the suggestions starting with clay first. As mentioned, I hope a detailer can get rid of it....If not, oh well...a repaint should cure it.

I'll try post pics later (I'll def. take pictures for a record...it should explain the repaint if I decide to sell it in the future).

Thanks again.

You're screwed. Same thing happen to my S2000 in Pahrump last year. That "spider web" pattern can't be fixed by detailing, you'll need to paint.

I didn't realize it was an egg that hit the car that did the damage until Lanzini autobody said an egg causes that type of pattern.

-Doug

damn....if I only knew who did it:mad: :mad: :mad: Well, atleast now it will give me an excuse to repaint the front bumper for all the rock chips....oh well. I'll post pics after I wash the rest of the car (only tried washing the area with egg in a rush...) this way its easier to see the damage....:(

Back