• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car will not start

sending this from my phone... I drove my NSX to the dentist. When I clicked the keyless remote to lock it, I didn't hear anything, but didn't think anything about it. An hour later, I try to start my car and nothing happens. Not one light on the instrument cluster comes on. I was able to see the car out the dentists window the whole time, so I know no one fooled with it. I tried to lock and unlock the door with the key thinking the immobilizer might be in play, but that didn,t work either. No, I didn't leave the lights on either! Any suggestions?

main relay.

huge possibility.

UPDATE: So between my first post and now, I had to go coach a baseball game. Just now got off the field, went over to look at the car real quick. Tried a different key, still no go. I have ZERO power anything working. No headlights, no power seats, no radio, no horn, no clicking sound, no lights of any kind, zilch. Nothing is powered at all. I've had a chance to read some posts here about the main relay, and through most of those posts it looks as though folks had at least some lights on or some portion of the starting system that wanted to work. I've got nothing - almost as if one of the battery cables is off. BTW - when I just looked at the car, it was dark and I couldn't see the cables. I'd spend more time troubleshooting the problem tonight, but I have to be at work at 0500, so a closer look will have to wait for tomorrow. The present battery is 3 months old and the car has been run once a day for 4 out of the past 5 days. I'm no expert, but if it were the ignition switch, wouldn't the battery-powered items work? Can the main relay cause the problems I currently see? Is there a main fuse between the battery and all other electrical components that can be blown? I'll poke around with a multimeter tomorrow, but this is just plain weird. The car was working fine, I shut it off, come back out an hour later and no power, no where :mad:.

hello, on the left in the bay engine, it with limps there of fuse principal, check the good contact of the large cables (on the right in limps of the fuses) large screws Philips, check also the mass, there is can be rupture has this level (- battery or on the many points of mass of the frame)

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the wiring schematics in the 1991 Service Manual (chapter-pages 23-50 to 23-66) are applicable to my 2004 wiring? I'm really just interested in knowing whether I can use them to troubleshoot my problem or is there some major piece of the electrical puzzle missing from the 1991 manual that is applicable to the 2004. As an aside, why does the 1997-2005 Service Manual ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/qyzztnamtxy/1997-2005 Service Manual.zip ) have missing pages 23-13 through 23-66 (basically all of the electrical schematics)? :confused:

Thanks for any answers.

Sounds like a typical loss of ground to me. Check your battery cables at both ends. The main relay is a starting issue as it controls your fuel pump. If your lights, horn, ect. are dead it's probably battery related. Good Luck and Happy Motoring!

This is definitely a battery or ground problem. Wiggle terminals on battery to see if either is loose. If not, check other end of ground cable.

OK, so the winner is ... battery terminal connection (+) had jumped off the terminal post! I would've obviously caught this last night had I some decent lighting comditions. Anyhow, all is well once again ... thanks to everyone for their collective input. I sure know a bit more from studying the electrical schematics over the past 24 hours! :biggrin:

very happy that the problem is finished, the electric breakdowns are always a break-in head, good road with your NSX! :smile:

Back