• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan to Buffalo

It's time to start the Caravan thread -I plan on meeting at the normal place at Westchester Ave &Corporate Pk Drive 9:15AM and hitting the road at 9:30. That should get us up to the hotel by about 4ish. Plenty of time to check in and clean up before heading over to Ray Laks:
1) RPM217
2)
3)
4)

Carla, Chuck, Fernande and I will plan to meet you in the usual spot just outside of Binghamton.

It's time to start the Caravan thread -I plan on meeting at the normal place at Westchester Ave &Corporate Pk Drive 9:15AM and hitting the road at 9:30. That should get us up to the hotel by about 4ish. Plenty of time to check in and clean up before heading over to Ray Laks:
1) RPM217
2)
3)
4)

Group???? :biggrin:

Tony, how about meeting us here: http://goo.gl/maps/Cau8B

This is where we plan on meeting Chuck and Fernande. Timing tbd

Are you referring to the shopping center where Panera Bread and TGIF are located (off Freemansburg Rd)?

I would assume that we would need to depart that area around 10:15am since we have 50 mi less to drive to the Truck stop.

What route do you guys plan on taking? Buffalo isn't too far from me and depending on when you're going I could swing by and meet everyone and get closer look at the NSX since I've never seen one up close.

Yup - that's the spot Tony! if you say it is 50 miles less, than 10:15 it shall be.

Are you referring to the shopping center where Panera Bread and TGIF are located (off Freemansburg Rd)?

I would assume that we would need to depart that area around 10:15am since we have 50 mi less to drive to the Truck stop.

Lounsberry Truck Stop - Exit 63
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/Sizow

Roger, what time do you think your group will arrive? Looks like it is about 200 miles from your starting point.

Group???? :biggrin:
Thought I might get someone coming up from LI to join me, now it looks like I'm a group of 1 car until we meet up at the truckstop. If I leave at 9:30, I should be there around 12:30-1ish. How's that sound to you guys?

I just heard from LI, the Big E and better half will be meeting me in Westchester to head up and meet with the NJ crowd!!!:wink:

What route do you guys plan on taking? Buffalo isn't too far from me and depending on when you're going I could swing by and meet everyone and get closer look at the NSX since I've never seen one up close.

All the cars will be at Ray Laks Acura around 6:00 PM(7460 Transit Road ) in Williamsville across from Eastern Hills Mall on Aug. 3rd. Get off the 90 at Depew exit and drive about 2 miles North

Last edited:
Any chance we could leave a bit earlier? We seem to barely make it in time (can't remember why, but I don't think we even had time to go to the hotel last time, maybe we left later than everyone else?) and it would be nice to get up there early enough to check in at the hotel, maybe relax, rest, relax and then have time to get ready before running out the door.

If we leave the 'Group' meeting place at 1:00 google has us arriving hotel at 4:15 without any stops (don't think we will need to as those that require 1 hour bathroom breaks won't be with us).

We should be in our rooms by 4:30.
Should depart for Ray Laks at 5:45.

That's 1 hour 15 minutes to rest, relax, and get ready.

Not sure if you all felt the need to eat or not at the truck stop, if so then you all might want to get there earlier.

Could we maybe move the time up so we leave the truck stop by 12:30 or
will that put people into commuter traffic?

Any chance we could leave a bit earlier? We seem to barely make it in time (can't remember why, but I don't think we even had time to go to the hotel last time, maybe we left later than everyone else?) and it would be nice to get up there early enough to check in at the hotel, maybe relax, rest, relax and then have time to get ready before running out the door.

If we leave the 'Group' meeting place at 1:00 google has us arriving hotel at 4:15 without any stops (don't think we will need to as those that require 1 hour bathroom breaks won't be with us).

We should be in our rooms by 4:30.
Should depart for Ray Laks at 5:45.

That's 1 hour 15 minutes to rest, relax, and get ready.

Not sure if you all felt the need to eat or not at the truck stop, if so then you all might want to get there earlier.

Could we maybe move the time up so we leave the truck stop by 12:30 or
will that put people into commuter traffic?
Google Maps gives plenty of time (in my experience), and if we leave by 9:30, we should be there by 12:15 to 12:30, tank up, use the facilities and I'm good to go back on the road. I'll have travel snacks and drinks in the car. According to my navi, we should be there well before 4:30. If big E gets up to Westchester a little early, all he needs to do is give me a call, we're less than 10 minutes from the meeting place, and we're good to go. Too much earlier and we'll hit some traffic.

Last edited:
Lounsberry Truck Stop - Exit 63
google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/Sizow

Roger, what time do you think your group will arrive? Looks like it is about 200 miles from your starting point.

Click on your link and you'll end up on a place off Rte 81 on Main St.

No problem re time. We can always drive faster if we need to :)

Funny, the image that shows on my screen is for the Lounsberry Truck Stop on Route 509 off of Route 17. That's the place no?

Damn :frown:, I wish I was joining you guys...Have a safe trip, y'all and hope you enjoy the Wright stuff.

Best,

Tytus

Back