• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Mods Galore!

Team,

Here's a few mod pics and "fashion photos" from this weekends wrenching. I'll post full descriptions later on my site, but for now I'm lazy. Let me know what you think!

nsxbuilder9.jpg

cflip2.jpg

cflip3.jpg

cflip4.jpg

cflip5.jpg

cfsidescoops3.JPG

cdsidescoops4.JPG

frontwings4.jpg

frontwings5.jpg

frontwings6.jpg

frontwings7.jpg

nsxbuilder1.jpg

nsxbuilder2.jpg

nsxbuilder3.jpg

nsxbuilder4.jpg

nsxbuilder5.jpg

nsxbuilder6.jpg

nsxbuilder7.jpg

nsxbuilder8.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work "rice boy" :wink: :biggrin: :tongue:

Doc J,

You like those do you? Well you'll also like the HKS suspension under it now, so I'm coming for YOU bumble-bee boy! I love you long time G.I.!

I've got a couple emails, and yes, the rivets on the winglets will be blacked out soon. I couldn't find any black aluminum rivets for sale here locally otherwise they'd be on it now!

Bring it all to Phoenix! Eddy the riveter :tongue:

LOL you got me there,but Alex would enjoy that ride.Sorry to everyone for the temporary deviation from the topic!

Ed,

I like everything you have done but I would put on your RM Front Spoiler. I think that the winglets would look better with that spoiler instead of the stock one.

Brad

B,

I agree, but the RM splitter now sits in the garage until I do track days as I'd rip the poor thing off even more often now that the car sits an inch lower. I have a spare one up in the storage room for when I drive over a beer nut and rip the poor thing in half.

I don't care for the canards. Look out of place on stock front end.
Took me a few looks to realize you had a CF mini lip spoiler.
Never knew the car needed the turn signal protectors either. :confused:
I LOVE the seats though.

Very nice Ed.

92NSX said:
I don't care for the canards. Look out of place on stock front end.
Took me a few looks to realize you had a CF mini lip spoiler.
Never knew the car needed the turn signal protectors either. :confused:
I LOVE the seats though.

I agree, leave the canards off the front. Everything else is nice. The turn protector is nice, I think they are Mugen?

My Photoshop with canards remove + conservative drop :smile:
9979nsxred.jpg

Vizal

Vizal said:
I agree, leave the canards off the front. Everything else is nice. The turn protector is nice, I think they are Mugen?

My Photoshop with canards remove + conservative drop :smile:
9979nsxred.jpg

Vizal

Much much better. :smile:
They just look like something that was bought at Pep Boys and stuck on there.

I tested (nearly) similar canards on the track and encountered a significant drop in top speed without much more benefit in the corners than I have now with the Taitec vented hood and without the canards. I didn't care for the look as long as it was an experiment but I wouldn't want it on the car forever if it's not worth the "price".

The canards look stupid IMO, I don't even like them on track cars that see nothing but track duty. The CF side vents, don't get it for me either, too ricer for me. I like the exhaust, I might like the deck spoiler if it were painted to match the car. All the rest look to boy-racer for such a wonderful car. But if you are 20, then I guess it is OK.

Good comments crew, now here are mine!

Some of you guys won't be happy until I can't get the car into my own driveway! It's down over an inch from stock with the new HKS struts and I already rub going over the driveway threshold and at lock from the 215/40s. Maybe this look is what would make the lowered crowd go "Oooooh, Ahhhhhh"

DSCF0032.JPG

I've had the RM ducted hood for years and noticed a bit of high speed stability issues (140+) at BIR so on go the canards to see what happens. I've got a track day Friday so I'll know more about the setup then. The combo of those, the deck spoiler and the new suspension will either be good, or I'll be watching a lot of Vipers and Porsches go by. Maybe if you notice the top end speed coming down, you need more horsepower?

Do I care if I need to take off the canards and there are some holes to fill? That's what the body shop is for! I've got about as much touch up paint as real paint on that lower valance and it'll eventually need to be removed and painted, so there's already a plan (if I like them) to have the canards moulded in. Jees what a tough crowd!

Do I 'need' the Mugen blinker lens covers? What the hell? As everyone is a critic, I find that NSXs without them look a little unfinished. I've been to NSXPOs, Car Crafts, car shows, etc. and everyone to a person says they like the covers and wondered if they were stock. 1 Billion Chinese cannot be wrong.

So we have the 'show me carbon fiber' people and the 'paint the carbon fiber' people. Don't tell Seth or Alex that they should start wearing 'Got Rice?' t-shirts or you may find yourself stuffed in a locker somewhere. This is totally personal preference and in the case of parts that are that expensive to start with, show it if you want! That's why women who wear La Perla always show it - bless their hearts.

Keep it coming! I love the snappy banter, and at the end of the day, the universal truth does apply that after attending a number of NSXPOs and seeing hundreds of NSXs I've never seen two that looked the same - so which one of them is 'right?' Answer - all of them (except that one from F&F and the converts, but hey, I have opinions too) :smile:

nsxbuilder said:
Keep it coming! I love the snappy banter, and at the end of the day, the universal truth does apply that after attending a number of NSXPOs and seeing hundreds of NSXs I've never seen two that looked the same - so which one of them is 'right?' Answer - all of them (except that one from F&F and the converts, but hey, I have opinions too) :smile:

So true.
I have already expressed how I feel about the looks of the car. But like you said, there is no 'right' way of doing it. If you like it then that is all that matters.

Back