• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber piece's wanted (where to find)

I havent been on the site in a while so I not up to date on parts out now days, vendors, etc.

Im looking for CF Airbox cover w/out having to remove the targa storage unit. Last last airbox I bought for my 2003 would NOT fit with the Targa storage area still in place. I was wondering if anyone had that piece and if so who's carrying it?

I spoke with DF a while back and they told me the Double Din full CF center console would be in production soon but I never followed up on it. Anyone carrying that piece in CF, and not the overlay.

Thanks for any help.

I ended up finding a used comptech airbox cover. Fits perfectly, 100% targa compatible (no need to remove cover). I think you might be able to still purchase this from a vendor. A few quick pics, but it's difficult to see in the engine bay shot.

4393187554_845a78ef13_o.jpg

4525784243_e5f185c35b_o.jpg

What CF Airbox did you try that would not fit?

OT: That engine is soooo clean:biggrin:

I agree, amazing engine bay, that STMPO bar looks amazing! I think the STMPO sticker should be on it though (but that's just my humble opinion of course). :smile:

What CF Airbox did you try that would not fit?

I agree, amazing engine bay, that STMPO bar looks amazing! I think the STMPO sticker should be on it though (but that's just my humble opinion of course). :smile:

^ The sticker was too large for my taste. I'll add a smaller custom one.

Now, As far as the OP's question goes, I think he was referring to the group buy on this carbon piece:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131206&highlight=carbon+airbox

After several targa owners purchased it, it was discovered it did not fit. As far as I know, the Comptech airbox cover may be the only one with zero issues.

Yea Synth19 is correct. I found out about it not fitting right before I tried to put it in. I just had to open the box anyway just to see what it looked like I waited about 2 months for that it. Dam it looked good too!! I actually thought about removing the targa holder just for it :redface:

I got an email from Ross at STMPO...we'll see I might end up getting one again, hopefully it'll work out this time, lol.

Back