• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber & red Kevlar parts

How does anyone think carbon fiber/red Kevlar parts would look on a formula red NSX? I'm talking mostly about custom front lip and side skirts.

Thanks

-Alec

I have seen similar stuff done on other cars, and I didn't like it. Unless you paint over it the red carbon fiber looks off. Just my 2 cents. I don't know how others feel about it.

I don't think its going to look good. Either color match it or have it in regular carbon fiber so it provides a nice contrast. If you do go red carbon fiber, the reds not going to match the paint and it'll just look off.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it again personally. Look in my gallery for pictures of this with my formula red car. Sorry, with the new format it's hard for me to directly link/show the pictures in threads. Must be getting old.

It looks neat up close, but it blends to an ugly brown a few feet away. I just bought a bunch of mid grey Oracle 8300 translucent wrap to cover up my roof and b-pillars with. I've laid the wrap over it and it looks good. Only when you get close do you see the red. It's just a lot of work to go to the trouble of using the CF/Kevlar material AND THEN end up wrapping it all with a smoke tint!

My $0.02.

Dave

Just for clarity's sake, it sounds like the OP is asking about a blend of red-dyed Kevlar and carbon fibers, like this:

red%20carbon%20fiber%20kevlar%20fabric.jpg

And does not mean "red carbon fiber", which doesn't exist and is chemically impossible. Closest you could get is another non-carbon reinforcement fabric (fiberglass or an aramid) dyed red, or a red-tinted resin over actual carbon fiber, or a vinyl imitation. Like this:

red_carbon.jpg

Last edited:
Exterior - no! Interior or engine dress up - YES!

I just love this dressed up M5 engine:
Hamann-BMW_M5_Widebody_Race_Edition_2006_800x600_wallpaper_1b.jpg

My guess is that its made of texalium (Silver carbon fibre) with a red pearl top coat.

Last edited:
unless the carbon is painted exact match.. I'd stick with "regular, gray/black" carbon fiber.. and if you paint to match... what's the point of using carbon fiber??

I just wondered if anyone had really tried it on any exterior NSX parts and how it would look with the red Kevlar with a formula red NSX. Carbon fiber if done right is a very beautiful thing. I'm just not 100% sold on the colors jumping in there with the black carbon fiber in the same weave.

I do love it on eBay and other auto sites where people are selling 100% pure carbon fiber that's green or white or silver...... Pretty much if you know of the carbon fiber making process.... You know it's black.....

Back