• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

carbon fiber steering wheel mod

hi, i've always like wooden steering wheels but for a '95 nsx black, would like to consider a carbon fiber insert for top/bottom of the steering wheel ans shifter knob...

has anyone done this type of mod with any of the many steering wheel mod people out there ?

i would probably have to send in my wheels to them so that put the new inserts....

jim R
so calif

just inserts/with OEM steering wheel

hi, i'm interested in modifying the oem wheel, to put some carbon fiber trims and keep the leather at 3 and6 o'clock position....
i know there are many stateside modifiers....

thanks

j.rho

Hmm, I don't think you really want the thing that your body slams into during a collision to be made out of CF. Padded metal will bruise or break you; splintered CF will slash your throat and gut you.

steering wheel mod

me neither, that's what the air bag is for...

i just want a get some not-leather look, like my lexus and jaguar steering wheels...

j.rho

FYI - the 04 MDX wheel has the wood inserts on it and might be worth looking into seeing if it would fit on the NSX.

You might be able to keep the airbag and pick up some radio and cruise buttons too!

Maybe you'd like the Momo Driver steering wheel. It's got an aluminum inlay at the top. I've got one, but haven't installed it yet. It'll look absolutely stunning with a Sebring Silver NSX.

By the way, this wheel, the Driver, is the same wheel as that used on the 360 Modena, minus the aluminum insert at the top, that is.

cosmetic steer. wheel change

thanks for inputs....
i want to keep the OEM wheel but add carbon fiber look to the top and bottom....
don't know if mdx wheel is same as nsx, where the air bag would fit, etc.
momo- would like to look at your set up but i'm sure the air bag would be out then.. . . option i will not pursue....

there are several companies that will take your oem wheel and actually do a custom inlay.... some popular GM/chevy /ford cars have a core exchange program.... i doubt anyone has a nsx wheel for swap....

thanks guys....

j.rho

check:

www.exoticwooddash.com

had some neat stuff with regard to what we are talking about.

Back