• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Wrap now available

Hey guys i just want everyone in the s. cali know that I am currently open for business. At this point we will be providing our world class carbon fiber wrap. Where you will be able to wrap your car and keep cost low!:biggrin:

Carbon Fiber Wrap! NOW AVAILABLE!
http://www.destronsgarage.com/

Thank you all! :biggrin:

DIY Carbon Fiber Wrap now available

Hello Prime, I just want to let everyone know that DestronsGarage is now open for business. We are currently offering carbon fiber wrap which is an easy DIY way to save money and be able to get the feel and look of carbon fiber at much lower cost to our customers.

DestronsGarage is proud to present our carbon wrap for all the Do It Yourself enthusiasts. This light weight fabric can virtually wrap and contour over many surfaces and gives a show quality finish to any ride or project.

Features:

* Lightweight

* Breathable

* Waterproof

* Cleans Easy

* Flexible

* Oem Feel

Thank you! :biggrin:

Carbon Fiber Wrap! NOW AVAILABLE!
http://www.destronsgarage.com/

Last edited:
Re: DIY Carbon Fiber Wrap! NOW AVAILABLE!

Is that real CF? If so or even if not you should mention it on there. :cool:

Re: DIY Carbon Fiber Wrap NOW AVAILABLE

i can finally wrap my whole car! :biggrin:

is this the 3m stuff?
I think its the same type of "fabric" i posted about earlier - no its not real carbon.

But it looks good, and i hope it holds up better than the 3M stuff.

no pics?

I have never messed with this stuff, but have messed with real carbon and had question. What would happen if you sprayed a clear over this material to make it look more like real carbon? i see that it doesnt look smooth but jsut curious

Re: DIY Carbon Fiber Wrap now available

Had a friend who tried this on his IS350. Looks great and considering price per yard is not bad at all.

Wouldn't u lose the texture of the cloth if u clear coat the material?

you can but i rather not since it is reversible and i personally love the feel of it where u can feel each ridge of the weave.

I have never messed with this stuff, but have messed with real carbon and had question. What would happen if you sprayed a clear over this material to make it look more like real carbon? i see that it doesnt look smooth but jsut curious

good-stuff...

My 2-pence...

keldon1, g'luck w/ this product offering. It's real neat, I must say. I have some of it (in CF & silver colors), and the uses for it are truly endless (for aesthetic purposes in an ambient/controlled environment like the cabin/cockpit).

In your best interests to promote & market this product, you should post an exact & descriptive NSX-specific D.I.Y. along w/ F.A.Q. on your website. Post pics, accessory products (surface-prep' solvents, cutting-implements, adhesives, static-guard sprays), and a tutorial for the parts removal/re-installation (consoles, garnishes/pads/cowls, pillars, trim, etc'). Don't forget about offering a small, free sample-piece/scrap of the material to give a general idea to interested potential customers (this is what worked for me).

Note to all: I must say, in an NSX-application, some guarded-discipline & self-control should be exercised in the amount of this material being used. Some subtle details & touches here & there would be acceptable, but over-embellishing the interior for non-show'car purposes would look gnarly & down-right cheap. Remember, you're driving a timeless, hand-assembled, high-performance exotic sports-car that exudes class, understated elegance, refinement, and sophistication. Not a $5k tuner/import reject rice-rocket swathed in faux ebay crappe` & AutoZone/PepBoys/JC-Whitney crud. . .

Is that real CF?
It's a synthetic textured fabric that's similar to a flexi-vinyl, w/ a CF-like pattern on the surface.

is this the 3m stuff?
No, the 3M applications are generally self-adhesive or overlay-style materials.

Google "neffy wrap" & you'll come across dozens of auto-enthusiast forums ranging from BMW, Lexus, and Honda/Acura. There are 100's of relevant threads w/ HQ/detailed pics & D.I.Y. tutorials.

What would happen if you sprayed a clear over this material to make it look more like real carbon?
It will ruin the material. This is a synthetic-fabric. Don't clear-coat it w/ a spray. Would you clear-coat your clothes or furnishings? No.

Wouldn't u lose the texture of the cloth if u clear coat the material?
You'd have to use a gel-coat that's used on composites (carbon-fiber/kevlar/fiber-glass) to eliminate the texture on this material. Spraying on a thick-layer/multiple coats of clear-coat will make the material gummy/sticky/cloudy.

K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid (as my prof' used to say to me)

For cosmetic/appearance applications, this product doesn't need to be clear-coated/gel-coated. It has a slight sheen (semi-gloss) as-is. It looks reminiscent of dry-carbon autoclave/prep-preg' carbon & wet-layup/vacuum-bagged carbon. Once you see it installed, you'll be content w/ it's appearance/disposition as-is (if the CF appearance is what you're going for). . .

If you attempt to clear-coat it, you'll ruin the material as there will be lint, dust, and other airborne debris that'll get muddled/attracted to the surface. Also, clear-coats contain some crazy chemicals/solvents which will likely deteriorate the fabric, discoloring/fading it.

As a stand-alone surface-upgrade, this material is just fine as-is. Trust me on this. Use in moderation, please. Otherwise the eternal all-knowing/all-seeing NSX flame'guard under the 4th dimensional auspices of Sochiro-&-Uehara will have to lawlz you into obsolescence. Again, trust me on this. . .

Last edited:
Loks to be the same stuff I used, got it from www.neffywrap.com Goes on really easy and you can go bonkers w/ this stuff. I chose the silver CF for my G35. Few pics.....

P1070221.jpg

P1070227.jpg

P1070224.jpg

P1070226.jpg

I ordered the silver directly from neffywrap and I'm going to do my center console plastic piece. It's OEM silver already but the paint has wear in a few areas near the shifter and e-brake, so this should be a simple and neat look fix.

The only other CF on the interior I have are the door sills and the gauges with the SoS chrome rings.

I ordered the silver directly from neffywrap and I'm going to do my center console plastic piece. It's OEM silver already but the paint has wear in a few areas near the shifter and e-brake, so this should be a simple and neat look fix.

The only other CF on the interior I have are the door sills and the gauges with the SoS chrome rings.

Please post pics when the center console is done I was thinking of doing the same thing. I think it will look great on your car.

DestronsGarage.com New Carbon Fiber Wrap

DestronsGarage is proud to present our carbon wrap for all the Do It Yourself enthusiasts. This light weight fabric can virtually wrap and contour over many surfaces and gives a show quality finish to any ride or project.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Features: [/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana,geneva]Lightweight[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] [/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,geneva]Breathable[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,geneva]Waterproof[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,geneva]Cleans Easy[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,geneva]Flexible
    [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]Oem Feel[/FONT]

I know all of you have been waiting for a few pictures. With this new update here are the some of the pictures you've been all asking for :biggrin:

We will be offering different types of services for wraps and also local installation just please contact us via our website http://www.destronsgarage.com/

Thanks Prime for the support :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DestronsGarage.com New Carbon Fiber Wrap

What is the cost in doing the center console? Also, can you provide clearer images that are more hi-res rather than "cell phone" photos?

Is this Neffywrap? I was thinking of doing my center console but did not know if I could get the part by the parking brake to stick.

Will do on the pictures but if u click on the picture it will also take u to an link to the with bigger picture. Just go on my website and let us know what parts you want to have wrap and we will be able to give u a nice quote right always. And i will be able to provide pictures of step by step how to remove it also just to make things smoother for youself. :biggrin:

What is the cost in doing the center console? Also, can you provide clearer images that are more hi-res rather than "cell phone" photos?

This is not neffywrap its similar but the quality and the durability is much better as you can see from the pictures i was able to do the hand brake and still make it stick. :biggrin: And i know that's one of the harder areas to wrap plus many of us like myself have aftermarket double or single din which makes this so much better since wrap will be able to conture different shape easier.

Is this Neffywrap? I was thinking of doing my center console but did not know if I could get the part by the parking brake to stick.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]HOLIDAY SPECIAL! :biggrin::biggrin:[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]C[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]arbon Wrap 1 Yard[/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva] [SIZE=+0]55" [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva][SIZE=+0]Wide x 36" Length[/SIZE][/FONT]

All our carbon wrap exceed 55" wide and 36" length per yard by 2" to ensure you get the most yards of your money. Right now for this holiday season we are discounting our wraps to 30.00 for 1 yard! that's 4.00 off regular price to make way for our new shipment for 2010! Supply is limited so get them while you can before 2010.

Plus if you order more you will be able to save more!!

http://www.destronsgarage.com/carbon_wrap

Come and check out the new pictures of our BMW and Honda CBR! :biggrin:

Back