• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Lamination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to just post and say hello and make my first post as a vendor. I've had a few members PM me asking me to do parts and have done so successfully thus far. I'd like to offer this service for other prime members as well. Just to clarify this is a lamination/overlay service. I do not produce nor do I make things from scratch. This is just another option out there and someday yes, I will be starting on some cool projects, but we'll see. All my parts use epoxy and a 2 part automotive clear process.

This is how the steps work and what the realistic time frame is if you go this route.

1. You decide on parts/maybe a few parts at once. I only do a select few so bare with me. The reason is the last thing I want to do is take your items or do an item and it take 3x the time quoted or take your item, screw it up basically, and not finish the job. So therefore I only do about 4 interior items which I will list below.

You must send a $xxx amount deposit paypal for me to take you seriously, if not I'll start work on other parts or projects, the deposit varies by how many parts you're looking for and also if you want me to source anything special

2. Option 1. You wait until I source some parts "which I have some already", and you keep your stock ones until I finish the job, and ship the carbon overlaid items to you or Option 2. You take the items off your car. Ship them to me, and I ship them back to you. Some people prefer this and the reason is sometimes clips break and they want their own parts back. I respect that. I haven't had an issue with option 1 but I can see it being a problem if people start sending me parts that no longer mount.

3. I get the parts I start the process. It takes me about a month to start and finish a part/batch. That includes any minor set backs because fixing items sets you back days.

4. I collect payment

5. I ship your parts USPS insured, and tracking.

6. You get parts and say you're happy

7. You ship your stock parts back to me.

Here's a list of why I'm different than some vendors here or people that have come and gone in the past.

1. I've completed and finished about 3-4 sets of parts
2. I have an Nsx so I actually care
3. I have a full time job so I'm not going to take your money and run
4. I'll never take a payment unless the work will be shipped within the next day or two
5. I won't take more than 1 or 2 people's parts depending on how many at a time.
6. It takes me a long time to do "negative".

I'll start posting some pictures with what I have done in the past and this thread can build "slowly" as I finish up more items.

List of parts I do. Items are all $ plus exchange of stock parts.
I've a few other misc parts as well that some may have seen in pictures but as of right now these are the items I'm offering

1. Triangle covers $250
2. Arm Rest Single or Double Lid $250
3. Interior Pillars $300
4. Clock Assembly Trim $250
5. Pinch Covers $300
6. Side Bolsters $300

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Now for the pictures.

photo-17.jpg

photo-161.jpg

arm_rest.jpg

photo36.JPG

DSCN0636.JPG

Attachments

• 20130114_150651.jpg
    20130114_150651.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,614
Last edited:
This may be a stupid question but is the price for the pinch covers and side bolsters $300 per side or $300 for the pair?

thanks,

Steve

I can vouch. I've got the garnish/pinch welds from him. Cool stuff, very rigid, Happy customer. BTW, I'll still be sending you my SOS console soon. Lots of other things going on at the moment.

What parts you have in stock right now btw?

None but I have some in the works. I have an arm rest from a 93 that's coming since I don't have one laying around to start. I have a single lid arm rest being started and I have a double arm rest and pillars that are almost done that are something I had in the works for a bit.

I have a set of triangle covers almost done but received a PM earlier about them, and another set of bolsters/pinch covers will be started shortly, but you're looking at another 3-4 weeks until ready to be shipped.

I have purchased the triangles but will be sending back my stock triangles asap if anyones intrested. Thanks Steven.

Rob's batch just finished up. Some people have off today but I'm still working!

RobBatch.JPG
My car is up on jack stands and I still can't wait for these!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Those look familiar:biggrin:</SPAN>

I have some trim from another car and I don't care how long it takes. You can do them when you are doing a batch of NSX parts.
Would that be an option? and how much?

Thanks
Rich Wong

I highly recommend sdufass. He currently has my armrest double lid and so far he has exceeded my expectations communicating the progress of the CF process. Can't wait to see it my car.
Fer

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back