• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Mirrors from GT-One

DJ,

In your introduction thread you (and Tamura-san?) wanted ideas for new products from the NSX community.

I then suggested replicas of the JGTC NSX mirrors. (post)

Any chance of a GT-rom product? (Please? :tongue:)
I'd buy a set in an instant!

DJ,

In your introduction thread you (and Tamura-san?) wanted ideas for new products from the NSX community.

I then suggested replicas of the JGTC NSX mirrors. (post)

Any chance of a GT-rom product? (Please? :tongue:)
I'd buy a set in an instant!
Yeah I would love to see those JGTC mirrors on a NSX there my favorite.

Would look great on a wide body kit!

Yeah I would love to see those JGTC mirrors on a NSX there my favorite.

Would look great on a wide body kit!

We discuss all of the ideas and wants we read here and within Japan as well. Up until now, our Japanes customers have been craving Carbon, not the FRP, the real deal, same as JGTC, lighter than air carbon. We have just finished the Type R hood/bonets and trunks. I just got back from the Osaka Auto Messe yesterday and it was full of carbon products for S2000 and a couple others. From the show no one else was offering this for the NSX. And within Japan, there is no way of getting real carbon parts for the NSX unless you used to race them...or come to us! And of course you can craft your own.

But there were about 4 GT NSX's (pics will be on our websiite, I'm super busy but I'll post sooner if you want to see them) and I did remind Mr. Tamura that a couple Prime folks were interested in that style. Won't be cheap though. We first have to get a set from somewhere??? You want quality and we need the real deal to make them right. I took a lot of pics, so once we get a set we should be ok...

I have also been hit with a gag order until the product is ready to sell...but I will try to keep you posted.

The HSC body kit thread has died a slow death too...I would love to put one on a car but seems like not as much interest. We are getting ready for the new NSX ourselves...we'll have to spruce that baby up won't we!!:cool:
DJ

We discuss all of the ideas and wants we read here and within Japan as well. Up until now, our Japanes customers have been craving Carbon, not the FRP, the real deal, same as JGTC, lighter than air carbon. We have just finished the Type R hood/bonets and trunks. I just got back from the Osaka Auto Messe yesterday and it was full of carbon products for S2000 and a couple others. From the show no one else was offering this for the NSX. And within Japan, there is no way of getting real carbon parts for the NSX unless you used to race them...or come to us! And of course you can craft your own.

But there were about 4 GT NSX's (pics will be on our websiite, I'm super busy but I'll post sooner if you want to see them) and I did remind Mr. Tamura that a couple Prime folks were interested in that style. Won't be cheap though. We first have to get a set from somewhere??? You want quality and we need the real deal to make them right. I took a lot of pics, so once we get a set we should be ok...

I have also been hit with a gag order until the product is ready to sell...but I will try to keep you posted.

The HSC body kit thread has died a slow death too...I would love to put one on a car but seems like not as much interest. We are getting ready for the new NSX ourselves...we'll have to spruce that baby up won't we!!:cool:
DJ

Sounds great DJ,
I think its awesome the way you guys listen to the NSX community.

Oh, and if you do happen make these mirrors, don't forget to make them LHD compatible aswell. :wink:

DJ, have you read my PM regarding a friend's (6 month) visit to Osaka? If not, I can send again.

DJ, have you read my PM regarding a friend's (6 month) visit to Osaka? If not, I can send again.

I thought I replied, if I didn't my applologies. I can PM you if you resend. If I am not mistaken though we can hang out, no prob, the other thing...not really sure about. PM again so I can get your contact info.
DJ

Have seen those SuperGT mirrors on a Le Mans LMP900 class car in carbon they look super! and the vision is quite good too!

Do GT-Rom parts come with a warranty?

SO i asked if it was shipped to the US and got a reply of yes, now he has change the post and says no after i sent funnds already to japan.
big deal but DJ ask me to send another 2,000 yen to cover shiping cost, i mean come on , the wire fee are more then that so he suggest i order other stuff.
Is he for real. ok, well everything got worked out,
thanks again, DJ..

Last edited:
Jung,
This is not the way to handle OUR misunderstanding. I have sent you an email in regards to this situation. But since you feel the need to vent, please be fair and disclose the suggested solution as well.
We have sold more than the 2 in the original post, we are ordering more to fill the orders we have received payment on, I have emailed the shipping price to other clients, being a human, I made a MISTAKE and didn't email you, but instead responded to this Mirror thread with a "yes" which was obviously wrong. The funds you wired came in Yen, but not the total amount, which means you or your financial institution sent the funds as your currency and the rate our institution used was different. This is why we ask the funds be sent in Yen, not your currency.
There is no need to discuss our banking fees in regards to this transaction but my asking for the difference was a matter of principal. The suggestion to purchase something else was to offset the fees that you might incure due to sending money again. Being made aware that your transaction fee was "more then that" I replied with a suggested solution. And as stated in the email I sent you we are sending the mirrors at no additional cost to you along with our sincere appology for the error. I do not make light of the 2,000 Yen or any amount of money regardless of the amount. 2,000 Yen in Japan is a quarter tank of gasoline for my car and I enjoy driving so it is extremely important to me.
The insinuation that we have lied is unfair especially trying to slander in this manner. I suppose if the package doesn't arrive within a week we will have lied and be subject to more criticism but I hope you will understand it is something that is out of our control.
For future customer's reference I do appreciate your letting me know of your discontent and we will try to improve our service to meet the same high standards of our products. I would hate to be considered "one of the other guys..."
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Best regards,
Dan Johnson IV

Jung,
This is not the way to handle OUR misunderstanding.
your right about that!
you should have said sorry and i'll send you the mirrors asap.

, Its hard to believe that your mistake is costing me more time and effort. I sent 49,000 yen. more then what the mirrors cost. so how could i have sent less. I used goolge to convert the funds, so i thought that was fair. it chages everyday, so i really dont care.
please just send my 403.45 us funds. I checked to day it went down again, 49000 yen=401.95 today on gooogle.(yen is tanking) I just keep my stock mirrors and thanks again..

The conversion rate quoted by google is the actual conversion rate, your bank uses a different rate, this is why you must ask the teller to send the wire xfer in jpy, not in what google tells you the equivilent is in usd.

For instance...
right now 1USD = 121.9 JPY, according to google, but if I send a bank wire with Washington Mutual they convert at the rate of 1USD = 114JPY, so, if google tells me I need to send 50000jpy = $410USD, and I send $410USD with my bank, the recipient will only recieve 46740JPY. If I send the total in yen my bank will hose me on the conversion rate, and I will pay $438USD, in addition to a wire 'send' fee, charged by Washington Mutal, of $40 USD - now goggle's quote of $410 has become $478, and the receipient will still need to pay a fee (of perhaps 2500jpy) to receive the wire I have sent - $410 becomes around $500 all told, after each bank has collected its chunk of the transfer.

If you now cancel your transaction, and ask for a full refund of what google tells you the conversion is ($401.95), not only will they get hosed on their bank fee for receiving your wire, but they must pay an additional fee to send you one, and your bank, or their bank, might have a bad conversion rate, in addition to the fee your bank will charge you to receive their international wire refund. They could offer to wire you back whatever they intially received, minus the costs to wire the amount back to you, but in the end, after various fees, the total wouldn't be 49000jpy, it would be 40000jpy, or perhaps lower - with Washington Mutual's conversion rate of 114/1 your refund is now $350, minus whatever it costs you to send the wire - a huge loss.

The easiest resolution, if you're still interested in buying these mirrors, is to reach an agreement over the trivial 2000jpy sum, of under 20 bucks - perhaps Dan would be able to take a paypal payment, etc. to cover this tiny cost? Somehow getting under $20 to gtrom seems a great deal more-attractive than allowing two banks to hose you twice over the transferred sum of money, and end up losing over $100USD with nothing to show for it... $0.02

Hello, and thank you for your post.
The customer is unhappy, and seems to want to hold my feet to the fire over the mistake. Fair enough, but to clarify, Mr. Tamura agreed to forget the 2,000 Yen. Again, our bank fees being at a different rate due to the amount of business we do, the cost might not be as high for us doing multiple transfers and transactions. Taking this into consideration along with the loss on both ends brought about the conclusion that waving the 2,000 Yen plus it being our/my initial mistake we agreed to just send the mirrors when we got them in for the mistakenly posted price. As it is now 1:15PM in Japan, we got them in an hour ago!

Carbon Mirrors, Craft, several in stock 46,000 Yen plus 5,000 Yen shipping (EMS 3-5 days) to the USA, other countries please send me a PM for shipping price and as the gentleman said, the Japanese Yen is "tanking" so you should be able to get them cheap!
DJ

scorp965

thanks for your post, I understand a little more. I just dont understand why he would ask me to send 2000jpy more, i sent more then the cost of the mirrors anyways. DJ made a mistake on the shipping, all he had to do was eat the 2000 yen ship me the mirrors and i would have been happy, and mostly likely would have bought more from him in the future. he reply to my post 4 min later with a yes. i told him i would send the money on monday. what did i do wrong, i even sent more then he was asking( my mistake). went to google just to get a idea of the exchange rate my bank used their rate, but i'm sure DJ's bank had a different rate.anyways i know he got more then 46000jpy.
I am sorry for getting all work up over nothing. just wanted some craft squares.:smile:

well got the mirrors today2-17-07 right before the new year. Wow i love them and fast , thanks again, sorry for being such a A** before.

Last edited:
Back