• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Careful in Calgary

Hi guys, I'm a new member, name's Jim. Just joined up a month ago finally because i thought that i was getting a silver 91 nsx from in town here but it kinda fell through i think!? I went to see the current owner (supposedly) named Milton K and looked at this partly damaged 120k mile car (entire right side, front and rear) and he told me that it had no liens or encumbrances or insurance claims owing. There were two other people there as well but he let me make an offer because i was the first one there. Anyways, i offered him what he was asking and left him a $1000 dollar deposit with a reciept. The next day i found out there was a lien on the car. I called the lien holder and he said that he sold it to a second owner who did not give him the whole amount who then sold it to this Milton guy. I talked again to this Milton guy and he said it was all bs and then told me that he would give me my money back. Since then he has been avoiding me for the last month and wont answer his calls or emails. He did email me once finally and said that i signed a deal with him and that i now have to buy the car but i talked again to the first owner with the lien and he said that he was going to repo the car. Anyways, i still havent got my money back yet and i have on the reciept that the car was supposed to have no liens and he lied but still refuses to give me my money back even though he broke the contract and thought i would pass this along to anybody else out there that may run across this car. DONT BUY IT, IT MAY BE A SCAM, DONT EVEN LEAVE A DEPOSIT NO MATTER HOW NICE OR SINCERE HE SEEMS!

Jim Lo (403)247-5254
Calgary Alberta Canada

Jim I was actually speaking to Milton about buying the car but I felt it was over priced. I am surprised that he trailored it back to Calgary. Do you know who has the car now? Is it still in Calgary?

Sorry to hear about your loss I hope you get your money back.

I am pretty sure that he still has the car. He just seems to want to avoid me all the time and i had a credit check done against him and it seems as though he has red flags coming up on his credit in a couple of places. Who knows whats going on with this guy but i sure hope he finds the decency to give me my money back too. Thanks for the reply.

Jeezzz,
I hope it works out for you. Hate to hear things like that happened.

Man, that's awful! Would you believe I actually heard about this car a couple weeks ago when I was on the phone with the parts manager at Silverhill Acura. I also remember seeing the ad over on the For Sale forum here a couple months ago. Really sorry to hear you got taken in by this scammer. :(

Have you gotten the police involved? He was never entitled to sell you the car therefore he could not legally accept your deposit.

I finally heard from this Milton guy from an email today and apparently he had his lawyer remove the lien from the vehicle and he once again wants me to buy the car. He actually has a registration slip for the vehicle but i still think the ownership is still in dispute since he didnt settle anything with the first owner who has the lien and still wants to repo the car. I'll post whatever the outcome is whenever that happens. Thanks for listening to me rant guys. Oh yeah, and do you remember which forum you saw the ad on CokerRat?

Jim

Oh yeah, and do you remember which forum you saw the ad on CokerRat?
Right here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15909
In hindsight, it makes you question his story about buying the car from a colleague. Likely bogus if the previous owner slapped a lien on it. I wonder if the lienholder applied it because of a problem with the vehicle, or because he was in default of payment for something else business-related. It all smells fishy anyway.

Long Live NSX and those who don't pussy foot around. Be aware, react, cut to the chase, get to the action... life is too short to drive anything less than the best!

This guy is full of it.

holy crap! i was about to go look at that car a little while ago. unfortunately a few things came up. i'm kinda glad i didn't sorry to hear about what happened to you jim, i hope everything works out for you. keep us updated!

Back