• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Catch can recirculated to intake on LoveFab turbo kit

For mainly street driving car, the benefit of PCV system exceeds the prevention of blowby getting back into the engine so this modification is not required.

Also, if you have a high-performance engine and still care about the environment, you can use aftermarket air/oil separators on both valve covers in conjunction with the OEM PCV setup to trap these vapors before entering your intake.

Last edited:
cBKP2KB67jQ72BBc7pWU6NMZjRw94GMoyS7DrVUVKzXCamUn7mY-NY3FEoV576eRwEECI5sPfqmzZIkCvwny6fOAVqZsIW3kdZTbhLnQfjbbK3_e3gqUZNqKEhY7MNwcbH4u4SjjAEF5o6YooO2TXgoXObE0_MbvNYFSzRlwWBMWpsv54mWIzdPmfYQqPN_6M1gsDeuN15x2Pst2_HYdTNCFfyeDt4SMv04uPOeiMVX_OJL0dV9wHtz06y4XKpurzkyVMMHgVYtNvO6TJM6ZeSADRRAJjEbFzRbzosiQPyuKdyA1EavI4FD9Sk1JQvmlE1u4EfqmHTAAkqWW9Lz2UG-HKfQHrNnE8L-8X5--qVzeWj747C0iGvZEny_RMNN0O1-TFLuHwvIsy1I82k_DQRB3st0yxD86Fo_qc1XUS0f7_XtZfwEjcEbR1y-T6DNnV--7yI4KpzHlcOGwPa7HODeL-IpPXJlwsiQiVpxRV9YH9SGBa1kJjhZpMcxsx8VyXrgtowXi0V7QcYdCFYy1iN82y73LstB3HXizQvwTS2EKhsgGztr_DpHi18NC0BhjS2gwzeykU5bH67Mh3D3l0tI8ri7wkh0Yd3MnM9sJ4nvbdXP8ptkuzT1kYQ=w1080-h608-no

Early design

6zP2Yq0ReVi4G8nPmc3UJDD8vxRs-SSYHOnpddwg-qS05vHQN8CfBDrDFJL6uITY2g2mjvM01m63F7alvlQzfhY1eVN-JJGEFUN2HVsKErvfajx7jajWSbSLl4OyGm2tP4IHICgWa8QXtpBR2PZl_Eszy9-jgM1duMhYV41DmAWGxr8C3C7kkJ2KKwT49sPSLGqnXMRjflMdshorKkntE2hm0WB49A8hhvtDVHui9PD_fd02gIsQVjeGlKtVYZgWSEaoAcB_qu6JsxewXe6DIfgS5N2wPmNi_yNt3AMVVQTL3ljo5rV7irVh72p-NvmsACs1rVOGck6qMD0n19eEt8wC6doet4zin7GY2BCx9JjBs0C4CIp5dO3AMLOBMVhUm2Wp6LUmg1YnG6sl3CevJFX049VIjxUJQeLGJMxPAK7p0eWuuSrCY0yTmPoUtpZgahmLA1T_AH-kxlqGYqmQrRHqL008bxyWs9T7dqbhYbVn3d3Wkdl-v3hlHlCM9Un6svcHmozjpFZbmGj7NnCsPlb6CBVWUXt2YTM64Tx4nQ2_N7tJUyBKfuMaqOzAYSh2LA9-rAGZ93D337ym2pPPZwKQtZFmeGD_hF0bF9atdMdVHyIXliZ5xkZ-Eg=w1080-h608-no

Later spec

I'll just put these here for CB72.
The description is when at idle rpm (vacuum pulling blowby) and not at high rpm (positive pressure at both heads).

Please note not only the changes in routing but also the position of the fitting at the rear bank.
Although the feature is different, from the blowby at high rpm point of view, the early model (black cover) had its port at the side and the later one placed it at the top.

If using early model cover and if your NSX is for track day only, I would even remove the PCV valve and block out the suction pipe at the intake manifold.
Connect the hoses from both the front and the rear bank to the catch can and if your local regulation doesn't allow you venting the remaining gas in the air, connect the 3rd hose to the rubber accordion port before the TH body.
There will be no more PCV so you will be forced to change eng oil at much earlier stage but for track day car, should not be a problem.

For mainly street driving car, the benefit of PCV system exceeds the prevention of blowby getting back into the engine so this modification is not required.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz!
I suppose the older rear valve cover can be exchanged for the newer one without modification ( expect the plumbing of course)?

It should work, but any valve cover is hard to find and expensive now. The magnesium is very fragile, and sadly, a lot of them have been ruined.

Got her cleaned up tonight. Can you tell what's going on here? This is what I wound up with after removing the turbos and going back to N/A for now :wink: 287 WHP, 2550 lbs, and 200 wear-rated tires is still fun for the street while I work on other things.

View attachment 146086

Got her cleaned up tonight. Can you tell what's going on here? This is what I wound up with after removing the turbos and going back to N/A for now :wink: 287 WHP, 2550 lbs, and 200 wear-rated tires is still fun for the street while I work on other things.

View attachment 146086

I see two Moroso A/O separators but what's the role of the small air filter behind the reinforcement bar?
Does it connect to one of the AOS's?
On my side I can report that moving the rear cylinder bank catch can to the right side of the car has solved the oil filling issue.
The test was done during a track day meeting that I'll detail elsewhere.
The only remaining trace of oil under the engine bay comes from the BOV.
I suppose that can't be avoided with a plain bearing turbo?

I see two Moroso A/O separators but what's the role of the small air filter behind the reinforcement bar?
Does it connect to one of the AOS's?
On my side I can report that moving the rear cylinder bank catch can to the right side of the car has solved the oil filling issue.
The test was done during a track day meeting that I'll detail elsewhere.
The only remaining trace of oil under the engine bay comes from the BOV.
I suppose that can't be avoided with a plain bearing turbo?

Glad to hear your issues are resolved.

The little filter is for another project that is unrelated to the PCV system.

My Aerocharger turbo used a sealed oil system for the ceramic ball bearings and I didn't notice any oil. My EFR 7670 turbo also used ceramic ball bearings but oil supply from the engine. I didn't notice any oil from that either. However, those were new turbos with less than 5k miles on them.

How old are the oil seals on your turbo?

Glad to hear your issues are resolved.

The little filter is for another project that is unrelated to the PCV system.

My Aerocharger turbo used a sealed oil system for the ceramic ball bearings and I didn't notice any oil. My EFR 7670 turbo also used ceramic ball bearings but oil supply from the engine. I didn't notice any oil from that either. However, those were new turbos with less than 5k miles on them.

How old are the oil seals on your turbo?
I'm not a turbo expert but I believe that the plain bearing turbos have no oil seal?
There is a helicoidal groove on the shaft of the turbo that forces the oil to remain inside the turbo.

Back