• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CCU And Stereo Going bad?

With all the threads on CCU's And Stereo's. I am cursious to know what things are going bad in these units and what exactly is being fixed in them to get them to work again? Any insight would be appreciated.

In the stereo system there are 3 amplifiers that fail, one on the foot well speaker amp unit and the amps in the speaker amp units in the doors. The capacitors go bad. and the same thing happens to the CCU's. That being said simple replacment of the caps does not fix all, there is other damage caused by the caps failing and that information can be had for a price.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Do you fix these items? I think my stereo is starting to go bad. I get a lound siren sound and it only happens when it get humid.

He's fast. I had my ccu unit back by the third day.
He was even faster than that with my stereo amps!

Okay, I admit, I cheated. Brian lives near the Acura dealer in Milwaukee, and I arranged for him to do the swap while my car was there for service. :biggrin:

Ok Brian. I'm going to pull my amps out this weekend. What do you need from me to get this going. I'm guessing you need a check for $210.00 or a money order or cashiers check? I will send a pre paid box to send them back to me once repaired.

Ok Brian. I'm going to pull my amps out this weekend. What do you need from me to get this going. I'm guessing you need a check for $210.00 or a money order or cashiers check? I will send a pre paid box to send them back to me once repaired.

If you just send the amp then its $195 for the 3 of them. Check or MO is fine I can also do paypal if you like. Do you have my address? PM me if you need it.

Back