• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD changer, CHM-s600?

Hi,

I have been lurking on this site for ~6 months now, and have officially joined the NSX owner's circle this past weekend, still can't wipe the smile off my face everytime I thought of my silver beauty in the garage.

I have a question regarding CD changers. I have an alpine CHM-S600 that I bought a few years back for another car of mine. Would that work for my 91'?

thanks so much for any help,

Ha, finally can post a FAQ-link for someone ;-)

You can find the info for your changer here: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Accessories/sound.htm

Basically, your Alpine should work but you need a adapter-cable to reverse the two connections on the plug that Honda reversed so a standard Alpine wouldn't work with their Honda-branded Alpine player. Hope that still makes sense to you. The cable you need is the ACUALP-cable. I bought mine from www.pie.net.
And if your Alpine changer has an AI-net connector instead of the 8-pin DIN connector you will also need the KCA-130B AI-net to DIN adapter cable.
If you haven't got the CD-changer mounting bracket and want to use that as well you will also have to buy that one. I bought mine from Dali-racing at www.daliracing.com.

Hi,

Save your money.
You can use the original mounting hardware. I did the exact same conversion on my '94 when the original CD changer gave out.

You will need to turn two of the mounting plates around and drill a couple of holes. It is *really* simple. BTW, there is not much space to get around the mounting bolts.

good luck.

------------------
HCleb.

0260n3
You're most welcome.
It has been my experience on this site that you will get very knowledgable and informative replies on practically every question you ask.

Back