• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

cd player problem

Frequently when using the CD player while driving on rough roads, I get distortion and loss of volume from all speakers. The CD player doesn't skip, just loses volume and has distortion. I cannot duplicate this in the garage. I have hit (rather severely) the CD changer and pulled on the din connectors at the CD changer and the smartenna. The FAQ section mentions wiring problems with the Bose system. Could this problem be related to the din connector in the back of the head unit or possible changer problems? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is it only the CD player that does this when you hit a bump - i.e. you can hit the same bump with the radio playing an no problems? Does it go away right after the bump?

Yes, it has only done this when the cd player is on and can last from a second or two to over a minute.

Try fidling with the connector on the back of the head-unit.
I did get some conf. info from one of the bose/alpine repair guys in the US (since i am in europe, and couldn't give them business anyway, and i know a bit about electronics), but it wouldn't be realy fair to these guys to spread it here.
You might want to try to swap your cd-changer with a fellow nsx-er.

The problem you discribe sounds like a loose signal-ground wire.
I have also seen the internals of the head-unit, and the soldering is not really millspec, so your problem might be in there.

Just some thoughts.

Dutchy

Back