• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CE28SL fitment on stock suspension ('91)

Getting my first NA1 soon and she's a beauty in Sebring silver, stock '91. Been going through wheels and it's one area I always feel like I'm going to make a mistake and order the wrong thing ending up in disappointment.

So I thought I'd ask you all, the experts! Appreciate the wealth of information here, and here's what I've come up with:

Volk CE28SL in the Pressed Graphite color, 17x8.5 +45 in the front, 18x9.5 +35 in the rear. There are +22 rear as well, but I was thinking it might be too aggressive with stock suspension? I'm trying to avoid tire rub and not really sure if I need "higher" or "lower" offset to achieve that (I think "higher", so the +45 in front should be okay).

Initially I was going for the Advan RS/RZ series in Hyper Silver, but it seems they are hard to come by (discontinued). So I went with something that was more "in production" and available. But maybe I'm not looking in the right places?

Any help or advice on what I would need to have it look good on stock suspension would be appreciated! I don't plan to lower the car (my AP2 is on stock suspension and I feel it's always been fine). Going for an OEM+ look and keeping the handling as close to original as possible.

Those specs that you're looking at should be fine at stock suspension. I'd agree that going +22 offset in the rear would be too aggressive and poke out quite a bit on stock suspension. To avoid tire rub on the fender you would want the wheel to sit more inward which would mean higher offset but you want to be careful not to run into inner clearance issues. You could probably run 17x7.5 et48 in the front and still look good at stock height as well.

Thanks! Appreciate the help, I tried to do as much research as possible first before asking but still have that nagging feeling like I’m gonna get them and somehow it’s gonna not fit.

e-rod how did you go with the 17x8.5 in the front, any rubbing? I'm running 17x9 +45 (just limited availability on CE28SL when I was ordering) on stretched 215 tyres in the front and trying to figure out if it's possible to get to 235 or 245 tread width with the right spacer/camber setup.

I actually am looking into getting some OEM 7 spoke wheels from the later models. Mostly because my OCD about OEM and if I did wheels it would be the only non-OEM thing (even if they’re gorgeous).

Haven’t got them yet though but hopefully soon. I assume that won’t have any issues for fitment.

Back