• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL codes 71-76 and TCS light came on

Driving the other day, I noticed a momentary loss of power and less than a second later the car starts moving fine again but the CEL and TCS lights come on. The CEL has come on in the past, but this time it was flashing which I have never seen before. I pulled over and turned the engine off for a while, then on restart the CEL is on, but not flashing, and the TCS light is off. After driving a couple more miles I get the loss of power again and this time I was going downhill so I didn't even have my foot on the gas. I step on the gas and I swear I can hear the engine RPM's rise. After less than a second again the car starts to take off and now the CEL is flashing again and the TCS light is back on.
I checked the codes and came up with 71 - 76 on the CEL, misfire on all 6 cylinders. The TCS did not flash a code. The ABS did flash a 71, though. Reading through some past posts I see that misfires on all cylinders can mean a bad main relay, but my question is about the engine reving when I stepped on the gas. How can this happen without making the car accelerate? I did not have my foot on the clutch. I wasn't looking at the tach so I guess it could be some other sound but it sure sounded like the engine RPM's were rising . Any thoughts?

Yup time for new O2 sensors...

Back