• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL issue

I know this subject have been talked about a million times but not all issue are same.

So back in Feb while was driving and my check engine light came on, I took it to advance auto and have them hook it up to get me the code.

The code was P1456 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (Fuel Tank System). so did my research check the gas tank cap tightened it, pull the clock fuse CEL was gone drive for a coupe of miles, parked for a few hours, start back up no problem. But after Parked for a about a week or two start up CEL came back on did the reset again. Now it has happened a few more times after it's park for a while, most recently last night after a two week nap. now i'm not happy camper.

Any suggestion? I'm going to take it to the the dealer since I'm still under warranty.
The other questions is the code still stored for them to check it although I pull the clock fuse?

Thanks

If you pulled the fuse, the code is gone, Get the CEL again, then take it in.

Regards,
LarryB

Back