• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cell phone antenna as radio antenna?

Good morning!!

Well, after many years of being off the forum (it looks like I haven't logged in since 2005), I'm back! My NSX has been just sitting in the garage forever, but she's back on the road again which makes me happy!

ANYWAY, I'm not a fan of the big mast antenna for the radio, but I do still have the cell phone antenna sitting there. Is it possible to make that the radio antenna?

Thanks!! :)

if you dont like the huge antenna then unplug it, the NSX has 2 antenna's on in the engine glass its a secondary system, the radio detects which antenna has the best signal and use it.

unplugging the huge antenna will only stop it from going up and down your radio is still plugged into its case so it wil still get signal even if unplugged

And if your cell phone aerial is one of the old stick on ones that isn't already installed please sell it to me.

Cheers
nigel

That's why some of us added a switch to keep the antenna down. With the antenna down the reception isn't very good unless your close to the transmitter. If your not close, like driving between cities then just hit the switch and raise the antenna. I mainly did it to keep the antenna down when using a ipod.

The frequencies for cell phones are much higher then the ones used for FM so one tuned for cell phones would not work very well.

Mike

Back