• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center Air Vents won't blow...

...cold air (or whatever air)whenever I turn on the airconditioner. Only the side vents seem to be working. What could be the problem now??? Please help. I love my NSX and I'm losing sleep over this...

Did it just stop working all of a sudden?
You may want to go to the FAQ section and find the self-test for the A/C control head. It will cycle thru and tell you want is wrong with the system.
I had to do it a while back and it works great.
Good luck.

Copy and paste this.
http://www.nsxhelp.com/faq/diy11.htm

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Thanks 92. Know what the problem is. Its a stuck a/c door at the center. Problem is how can I fix it? It'll move if I press the vent button. But it won't move back to it's original position when I press the mode button. Hence, no air from the center console./

I don't have my service manual nearby, but if I remember, you can remove the glove box to gain access to part of the right side of the heater-evaporator. There is a white plastic cam, driven by the Mode Control motor, that adjusts the various output doors. Once the motor is removed, the cam can be manually turned to direct the output air to vent/heat/defrost. Determine if there is a mechanical bind in the full travel of the cam before you look further.

Good luck.

Bill

My father's '97 NSX had this problem as well and he and I feel the local dealer "took" us on repairs. I'm curious to see what is was and if you've resolved it. Other than that both his and my NSX's have been problem free.

Thanks,
Mike

Originally posted by burnmacs:
My father's '97 NSX had this problem as well and he and I feel the local dealer "took" us on repairs. I'm curious to see what is was and if you've resolved it. Other than that both his and my NSX's have been problem free.

The more common problem is that the A/C is cold on one side, warm on the other, usually due to a freon leak.

A/C repairs on the NSX are sometimes very expensive and can run several thousand dollars. It does not necessarily mean that you were "taken".

It was defintely not cold on one side, warm on the other. It was defintely that the A/C would not blow from the center vents exactly as described originally. That's why I was wondering if Supercar (or anyone for that matter) figured out exactly what was wrong.

Thanks,
Mike

Burnmacs, read the msg posted by Acuraphile. It did solve the problem. In my case, it is something obstructing the full movement of the motor (concealed in the white console)that control the aircon door. Try checking that first. Wouldn't cost you a cent.

Thanx NSxers

Back