• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center console is dead - please help.

I always really liked the original red / black color combination - more so when the paint is in good condition.

It looks like your car is missing the flexible black lip along the bottom of the front bumper. Did you remove it or was it missing on your car? Aside from the small aerodynamic benefits, its a very useful feature because the scraping noise it generates gives you an early warning that you are going up a driveway that is too steep. Scrape marks on the lip are an easy no / low cost repair. Scrape marks / cracks on the bottom of the bumper are definitely not a low cost repair.

Unfortunate about the snap ring failure. An interesting statistical event failing 27 years after the car was built, unless somebody did an incomplete fix earlier and the fix subsequently failed. Was the transmission in the original snap ring failure range identified by Honda? Are you doing a complete transmission replacement?

I dont have any Service history confirming tranny repair. Im going to replace whole tranny.
Yes it was in failure range by Honda, but I didnt check it becouse on uk papers year of production is 1993, nów I know its 1992.
Front lip is on my buy list, but many items are before that.

I dont have any Service history confirming tranny repair. Im going to replace whole tranny.
Yes it was in failure range by Honda, but I didnt check it becouse on uk papers year of production is 1993, nów I know its 1992.
Front lip is on my buy list, but many items are before that.

At this point the cost to repair a snap ring gearbox, if one could source a housing is probably more than a used box (shipping to Eastern Europe not included).

I believe even non snap ring range cars have had snap ring failures. Kinda a less than optimal use and thrust loading mixed with snap ring metal flaws can cause the failure too.

Back