• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center console

I have a '92 NSX and the center console is the single door design. Later models have a dual door with cupholder inside. Has anyone ever changed theirs to the newer style? How much work and what needs to be bought? The Acura dealership didn't know if I needed to replace the bin as well as the top portion and if it just is a remove and replace operation or not. I have all 4 P/N's. @ for what I've got and 2 for what the newer models have. I hope someone out there has the answer. Thanks.

I have the factory cup holders in my '98, and to be real honest with you, they pretty much suck. I actually took out the little spring-loaded cup holder thingie, as it's a pain in the ass to get folded and the lid closed on it. You might be better off to look at
http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/gotta_have/gotta_cup_holder.cfm

Easier to deal with, they work, and probably cheaper.
biggrin.gif

Agreed...factory cup holders blow. They only hold small cups, and at that, only near the base of the cup...SO, you take a turn with your nice, piping hot Venti Latte from Starbucks in that OEM cupholder, and you'll spill hot latte all over your beautiful interior...did this a couple times and had to rush home to wet-dry vac that crap up.

Andie

Back