• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center wheel cap question

Hello everyone I tried to search this question but I couldn't find the answer, maybe someone can help me out.

I have a 95 NSX with the Solaris Silver wheels. I wanted to replace the center wheel cap so I ordered a new one and the new one I received had the word 'Acura' in the center in black.

The ones on my car now are the same color as the car, when I asked the place I purchased it from they said the caps are ordered by the year of the car.

Does anyone know if the center cap for the 95 model comes with the 'Acura' in black or the same Solaris Silver color as the rest of the cap.

Thank you for your help.

I think the lettering would be black from the factory. Maybe someone repainted yours or the black lettering paint chipped or faded?

I have a 95 Midnight Pearl and the OEM wheel center is black

I have a 95 Midnight Pearl and the OEM wheel center is black
The center cap, or the lettering?

The center caps from the factory on all '94-01 NSX wheels are the same color as the wheel itself - Solaris Silver on the '94-96, Blades Silver on the '97-01 - and the lettering has the word ACURA in black.

nsxtasy is correct.

There are two types of factory center caps for the 1994-2001 wheels. They are different from each other in color and style. 94-96 solaris silver in color with ACURA imbossed in the plastic, black lettering. 97-01 blades silver, kind of a brushed look, a small border around the cap, black ACURA lettering.

The 'A" logo appeared on the 02-05 wheels and were wheels were BMW silver.

As C STRICKER said the cap from 2000 to 2001 were black acura LOGO. 02 thru 05 chrome logo

Last edited:
I forgot about the 99 Zanardi center caps. totally different color and style. Washi grey color, white-ish ACURA lettering, and sitcks out from the wheel face a little.

- - - Updated - - -

As C STRICKER said the cap from 2000 to 2001 were black acura LOGO. 02 thru 05 chrome logo

Yup forgot about that. The 02 up was a raised logo, not paint like the 00-01

- - - Updated - - -

To answer the original posters question, the lettering should be black.

00+ have the Acura logo, not the word, on the center caps.
Aha! Thanks for the correction. I guess this is why the part number for 2000-2001 is different from 1997-1999 (44732-SL0-A40ZA vs 44732-SL0-A30ZA, respectively). Oh, and it's 44732-SL0-A02ZA for 1994-1996.

sorry............lettering/logo is black, caps are same color as wheels.........

Unrelated but...
Are there chrome Acura center caps available to go with the optional chrome version of the rims? I have a set of the seven spoke rims in bare polished. I have some Honda "H" chrome centers that match up well enough but I am taking the car back to Acura. (Also currently has Honda front and rear badging that I plan to swap out for Acura.)

Thank you to everyone who responded, I really appreciate your help. My guess is like a poster mentioned above the black lettering must have worn away on my existing ones.

Thanks again !!

For anyone who needs answers I figured out the deal with the black lettering, it ends up I finally took the center cap out of the packaging knowing I don't need to return it and the black letters are some type of metal that come right off ... Except for the letter 'U', for some reason Acura decided that one should not have an edge to make it easy to take out. Anyway 5 minutes later the cap is completely the color of the car and the black letters are out.

Are there chrome Acura center caps available to go with the optional chrome version of the rims?
No, because there was never any option for chrome or polished wheels from the factory. Wheels came from the factory only with the standard finish; the only option from Honda was the white '94-01 wheels. If you have polished (or chrome plated) wheels, they were refinished by an aftermarket wheel shop. So you'll have to look in the aftermarket for matching center caps.

I am dredging this post back up after doing some searching. Is there a "H" center cap for the 02-05 stock (silver) wheels? If so, what would the part number be. As a bonus question, is there a chrome version with the "H" emblem for the 02-05 wheels?

I don't know which color each of these are but here are the P/N's for the 4 different "H" center caps for 02+

44732-SL0-900 - BMW Silver I believe
44732-SL0-930
44732-SL0-940
44732-SL0-950

I am dredging this post back up after doing some searching. Is there a "H" center cap for the 02-05 stock (silver) wheels? If so, what would the part number be. As a bonus question, is there a chrome version with the "H" emblem for the 02-05 wheels?

Last edited:
Back