• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CF Body Kit

Anyone ever considered buying one of these or making one themselves? Not even sure a kit exists. I think the NSX would look pretty sweet in an all CF body. Please feel free to post your thoughts.

That's pretty cool, not quite my taste though. I was thinking more of just the standard body in all CF. I wonder how much weight could be saved. Just a widebody kit in all CF would probably be nearly four times as much as a fiberglass widebody kit.

CF is marginally lighter than aluminum though, i'm sure you could save a few lbs
but for the most part the major panels are aluminum anyway so its probably negligible,
then again with all these new airplanes *cough* 787... coming out, i bet the raw CF prices have risen in the last 12 months...
alot of the body parts come in CF actually, for instance its pretty hard
to find a Fiberglass NSX-R hood as most of the offerings are CF
i think the only piece not quite done yet is the roof and the doors??

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/revolutionized/ScienceofSpeed/NSX/SRNSX/

isn't CARBONNSX's car all CF?

JEBUS..... I had NO idea you could buy that kit.... i'm excited as hell... THAT is my dream car.... i've been drooling over the takata (dome) nsx and the raybrig nsx forever.... if anybody has any other info on where to get this or how much it costs.... let me know.

stupid nsx is going to make me poor :smile:

Back