• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chandler Brunch & Group Drive Sat. Sept 12th

THE TUCSON BRUNCH BUNCH IS COMING TO PHOENIX!

We love meeting you Phoenix guys when you are able to come down and join us so we decided to have our September Brunch in your neck of the woods so we can meet a whole lot more of you.

TIME & DATE: 9:30 a.m. Saturday, September 12th
PLACE: CHANDLER MIMI'S CAFE: 2800 W Chandler Blvd.

We have a reservation for 25 in "The Winery" room at Mimi's but that is totally flexible. Bring everybody you can but let me know how many to expect in your replies to this thread. I will be keeping a running tally in this announcement.

GROUP DRIVE: Leave Mimi's at 11:00 or shortly thereafter.

TORTILLA FLAT Northwest of Apache Junction has been suggested. I have not been there and do not know the condition of Apache Trail/AZ 88. Round trip from Mimi's is 120 miles and something over 4 hours. I need some counsel on this idea. Other suggestions?

ATTENDANCE TALLY: TUCSON

Ron Krehbiel aka RONSXTC, '92 Sil/Blk (1)

ATTENDANCE TALLY: PHOENIX

PHOEN$X (1)
FenixRising, '92 Blk/Blk (2)
indy2phx, '95 Red (2)
unagijones, '00 Silver (0)(Conflict)
nsxtr, '97 Red/Tan (2)
NsXMas, '91 Red/Blk (1)
mugen kid, '91 Blk/Blk (1?)

TOTAL TO DATE: (9-02, 6:05 p.m.): 9

Last edited:
By the way for all you not familiar with Mimi's in Chandler, it is on the east side of the 101 and Chandler Blvd. Sure would like to meet alot more NSX owners in the Phoenix area!

I am in as well!
West side guys we can meet earlier and drive to Chandler together....

Im going to try and make this meet, I just need to get some new rear rubber on before I travel that far. Hopefully I will see you guys/girls there! Crossing fingers:biggrin:

If there wasn't a track event at PIR that weekend I would be going.

Hey Guys,

Something came up the weekend of 9/12, so I won't be able to make it.
I am available the following week though! (7/19) :)

Here are directions to Tortilla Flat. I'm assuming that we're stopping once the pavement ends.

http://www.azcentral.com/travel/drives/articles/2006/06/14/20060614fav-apachetrail-CR.html

1. Take Hwy 60 east (from Phoenix) to Idaho Road
2. Then follow the signs to AZ 88 (Apache Trail)

Attractions:
-About 4.5 from Apache Junction, the first attraction of note is the Goldfield Ghost Town.
-At 5.5 miles, you come to the Lost Dutchman State Park.
-About 15 miles into the Apache Trail, you'll come to the shores of Canyon Lake.
-About 2 miles past Canyon Lake you come to the "town" of Tortilla Flat.
-5 miles beyond Tortilla Flat you come to a new rest stop that overlooks some spectacular desert scenery. The road pavement also ends here.

Last edited:
Yes, I'll get my pics up soon. I've been meaning to post them, but have been extremely busy.

Ron, I trust you made it home ok? I tried to give you a call Sunday to check but it didn't go through.

Hi Kelvin,

I got home without any trouble at all, cruised the freeway at my usual 80-81 mph. When I got home there was an additional 1/8th inch wide by 5 inches long piece peeled off the inside edge but it had no affect on handling, no noise, etc. I bought the current set of tires 3 years ago and have 18,000 miles on them. They are the Goodyear Eagle GS-D3s that were highly touted at the time (17/18 inch). I am pleasantly surprised that they have given me that much mileage. Had there not been a defect in that left rear I probably would have gotten another 4 to 5,000 miles out of them. I understand that is pretty good milage for NSX tires. I paid just over a $1,000 for the set at a Discount Tire in Bellevue, WA. I plan to replace them with the same or the current equivalent. I will be checking into that at a local Discount Tire tomorrow. Hopefully I will get some credit toward a new set. If we connect Friday I will update you then.

I noted two other busy cameras during the drive. It will be nice to see some pics with ME in the picture for a change. I am working mine up tonight and should have them posted tomorrow.

Ron

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got home safely, Ron.

Here is a quick link to my photos: http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1219&ppuser=6317

I'm not sure why the photos are not properly sorted. Click the "Sort Now" button just below the photos, and it should show the proper order. I also like the "Puzzle" view option in the gallery.

Let me know if anyone wants any original sized photos. I can send via email.

icon14.gif

IMG_2878.JPG

Back