• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Changing it up - From XD9's to Intellese's

vvs

Contributing Member
So right now I am running Work XD9's
17x7.5 +42 front
18x10 +38 with spacer to clear caliper

2468392594_bd5d2d2001.jpg

Picked up a set of Algernon Intelesse used to switch it up. Thought I would share as I did not see much on prime about these wheels.

Gonna try 18x8 +36 front and 18x9 +36 rear.
Here is a pic of what they look like (not actual) for reference. Very mich like LM's. Old school JDM wheel, I read that they have forged centers as well.
ba233.JPG

I received the actual wheels yesterday and did a quick test fit. Fronts rub the calipers so looking at solutions now, probably spacers.

Just thought I would share, more updates to come. Main concern is a too agressive fitment up front.

James

very nice wheels there you have!

post pics ASAP. what are you going to do with your works?

Not sure what I will do with the Works. If I keep them I might change the color or something, or just sell them.

I did another test fit with the rim only on the fronts and with the spacer it is going to be pushing it. Gonna try this evening with another smaller spacer and see how it goes. If all looks good then hopefully tires tomorrow.

Then some pics.. :)

Did a test fit for the fronts. The 18x8 +36 plus a 10mm spacer to clear the caliper is too much for me. The pic below is with the suspension compressed. It could be done but too aggressive for my taste. The upper edge of the rim would tuck.

I am going to go with a different size up front, probably go more conservative 17x8 +43. Might be a couple weeks before another update. Hope all this info helps others..

James

The fronts would probably look better with the 17" anyway, so good on that.

As for the rears, the 18x9 +36 is 11mm inward from your old 18x10 +38. .. you basically would need a 10mm spacer to get to have the same "flushness". .

Quick update... ended up sending the rears back to. So basically sent the whole set back. Unfortunately no Intelleses for me :frown:

The other fronts I wanted to exchange for sold.. RB Wheels was very nice about it and they are shipping me a set of Work VSXX in exchange. They are in route.

So I guess all this thread is good for is the fitment, or lack of.. maybe it will help some one else out one day :biggrin:

James

Back