• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte, NC Area Body Shop

Metro Charlotte folks,

I'm looking for a body shop to get my buddy's NSX touched up. He's got an ugly dent in the middle of the hood about the size of a pea that he wants to fix. I've used Custom Paint and Body on South Tryon St., for my Maxima, but he stays out in University and has this thing about driving to the southern part of the city...he won't do it. Any suggestions on the north side?

Side note if you're interested....car is about to go up for sale. '91, blk/creme, 56k miles, price not set yet. Thanks.

Wish I could help... the guy we use and recommend is way down in Indian Trail at the other end of Independence. He's done work on both our Lexus and NSX. Very good, cost effective, great customer service.

Collision Specialties
13607 Independence Blvd
Indian Trail, NC 28079-8699 Phone: (704) 882-1150

Mark is the owner - Tell him David and Krista with the GS and NSX sent you.

This is only if you can get him to drive to the other side of the city...

Since I know where your buddy lives, there is a very clean looking auto body shop just past Old Statesville off Harris that seems to do a brisk business. I can get the name of the place this weekend if you want him to drive in blind to a place nearby that looks professional.

Thanks for the tip. I'd rather not go into some place blind, as he'll rip me a new one if it's not flawless (he treats his cars like some folks treat their children). Started thinking that I may ride up there and handle the body shop thing for him, so in that case, if you know places on the south side or wherever, send them on. Thanks again.

See the place above I'd recommend (it's on the south side, about a 20 - 25 minute drive from your friend's house). Hendrick Acura will likely send it to City Chevrolet's bodyshop which some friends of mine have had problems with.

Mark (Collision Specialties) is very good and reasonable $$. He repainted my entire front clip on my Lexus GS and it looks like factory (stone chips and an unfortunate racoon incident).

There is another place I've heard third hand that does good work, but I haven't seen it in person.

Import Paint and Body Shop
6173 E. Indendence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC

Good luck.

Back