• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte's 261K Oil Analysis

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
I did my first oil analysis on Charlotte about 3 years and 100,000 miles ago and it was superb. I decided it was time to do another one. Here is a copy of the new report with the previous one to the right of the new one.

The reason the silicon reading was 22 is because the car just had the timing belt/water pump replacement along with a full service just 5,000 miles before the sample was submitted. Silicon based gasket sealant was used on the head covers and on the threads of my B&M fuel pressure gauge which replaces one of the banjo bolts on the fuel filer.

Since I got the car 6 years ago with 70,000 miles on the clock, I've used Amsoil exclusively. 10W30 in the summer and 5W30 in the winter. I'm also an Auto Rx fan and have been using it as long as I've had the car.

Happy reading

oil_261K.jpg

Great news Hugh; you are an inspiration to us all! Keep on truckin dude!

Say Hugh, on another note - your Dragon's Tale trip - did you experience a lot of traffic on the road and did you go in the middle of the week or real early or how would you suggest one take that trip. I live in Atlanta and it's not that far for me - maybe planning a trip this summer. Thanks,
Tim

Thanks for posting that Hugh! Glad to see she is still in good shape internally with that many miles.

Hmm, I don't think there is such a thing as silicon sealant. Silicon and Silicone are two different things.

-- So I looked it up before someone could correct me. Silicone DOES contain the element silicon in it's chemical makeup, so I'll buy it. :)

Last edited:
Those are excellent numbers. If you put 100k on the car in the last 3 years then it seems as though you are actually driving it. I have to give you a thumbs up for that.

With the TBN still that high after 5,800 miles you could easily run a 10k OCI and have miles to spare.

Great news Hugh; you are an inspiration to us all! Keep on truckin dude!

Say Hugh, on another note - your Dragon's Tale trip - did you experience a lot of traffic on the road and did you go in the middle of the week or real early or how would you suggest one take that trip. I live in Atlanta and it's not that far for me - maybe planning a trip this summer. Thanks,
Tim

On that trip I drove up from Talladega after the Sunday Cup race so I was at The Dragon for 3 weekdays. Weekends are a zoo and have been for several years now.

On that trip I drove up from Talladega after the Sunday Cup race so I was at The Dragon for 3 weekdays. Weekends are a zoo and have been for several years now.

Thought so - thanks Hugh - maybe I'll actually see your car one day! Hope to do the Dragon this year - I like the mountains - we've got lot of twisties I bet that are just like the Tail here in GA.

Awesome Hugh - The oil data is very impressive!!

Btw, thanks for the Auto-Rx link in the past. I have used it on the NSX and any other vehicles with more than 50K miles on it

Awesome Hugh - The oil data is very impressive!!

Btw, thanks for the Auto-Rx link in the past. I have used it on the NSX and any other vehicles with more than 50K miles on it

You're very welcome.

When I bought Charlotte back in 2003 I immediately gave her the full Auto-Rx flush cycle as described on their website. Since then I've been using 3 oz. maintenance doses at every oil/filter change.

wow, those are some really impressive numbers for a high performance car with that kind of mileage! i need to send in a sample of my oil sometime, i also need to switch to amsoil 10w30.

bought my car with 70K on it a year ago...i'm already at 90K...hoping my 200K celebration goes as well as yours is!

congrats:biggrin:

I'll take that bet! You'll change your mind when you do a run on Mr. Dragon. :biggrin:

Sounds like a deal to me. I am hoping to do it this year - not too far away for me. I'll let you know - I'll start a thread.

Back