• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check engine and sometimes TCS

It only happens maybe 3 times in the summer. I'LL be driving let's say in the city doing 70 km and the car kind of coughs check engine light goes on if push on the gas it coughs it kind of whats to go the tone of the exhaust sounds different. If I stop at a light the car will idle around 100 to 900 rpms like it wants to stall I have to give it a gas so it wound not stall sometimes TCS light will go on. If there is nobody behind me I'll shut the car off start it up again and than the car is fine I don't get it. When I get home I see that exhaust tip black while it was clean before. I took to Acura they test drove it and of course it did not happen they put it on the computer and it showed either the O2 senser or the fuel pump. I remember I put fuel injector cleaner one time and from that time it may have started from that time on I think. Any help. Thanks

I had a CEL + TCS light when the heater failed on a primary O2 sensor. It was intermittant for a short while (< 100 miles), then came in permanently. Once it came in permanently, if I turned off the car and re-started the engine, only the CEL came on. Then after some driving the TCS would join in again.

I know that only matches part of your description, but the dealer's computer suggests an O2 sensor as a possible cause. I'd drive it for a few more days, doing some hard acceleration and see if it comes in permanently. (I blew another primary O2 sensor heater during hard accleeration.) Its running rich, so that won't burn a valve and a few tens of miles running rich shouldn't hurt anything permanently.

Back