• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check Engine light/ TCS

Today after driving to church, I went outside to restart my car while leaving. THe check engine light turns on, as well as the TCS. So I came home and restarted the car. TCS light is now off, but CHECK engine light is on. I searched for this problem on nsxprime, and tried pulling the fuse. The CEL is then cleared.

So I restart my car again, and if I were to press the TCS button on the side a couple of times, it would trigger the CEL again. Does anyone have any idea what the problem can be? I have to leave town today, so I dont have time to pull the codes. (Btw, is there any FAQ to where, and how to pull these codes?) Thanks everyone.

you need a OBD ll diagnostic meter. the connection is just below the glove box. autozone can diagnose it for free. just ask them to scan the codes and see what triggered the MIL (malfunction light). reopost your findings and I can tell you what they are. what year? OBD l or OBD ll car?

Danny.

Thanks a lot dyee for the guidance. I won't have access to the car until the weekend, but before I left yesterday, I tried starting the car agian. Now, both lights appear to be on?! Not sure what the problem is. Very irritating. THanks again!

CoAsTeR said:
I tried starting the car agian. Now, both lights appear to be on?!

Having extensive experience in the CEL/TCS... not really but in 1000 miles I've replaced both O2 sensors... the TCS light sometimes does not turn on when starting the car with a CEL problem. I've never had the CEL not turn on though. Get the codes and go from there.

CoAsTeR said:
Today after driving to church, I went outside to restart my car while leaving. THe check engine light turns on, as well as the TCS. So I came home and restarted the car. TCS light is now off, but CHECK engine light is on. I searched for this problem on nsxprime, and tried pulling the fuse. The CEL is then cleared.

So I restart my car again, and if I were to press the TCS button on the side a couple of times, it would trigger the CEL again. Does anyone have any idea what the problem can be? I have to leave town today, so I dont have time to pull the codes. (Btw, is there any FAQ to where, and how to pull these codes?) Thanks everyone.

I had a very similar problem a few months ago. It was the O2 sensor that caused both the check engine light and TCS light to come on. The O2 sensor needed replacement.

Thanks a lot for the quick responses. I will pull the codes this upcoming weekend. I also tried scheduling an appointment at the local Acura dealer. I was wondering if the extended emissions warranty program would apply to this situation? Thanks again all!

Back