• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

check engine light up after installing test pipes

well after installing the comptech test pipes to the pride exhaust i get the check engine light on. been trying to locate my code reader but i cant seem to find it anywhere in the house so i come here for some help. i plug both 02 sensor back in to the location that was made for it so im not sure why the check engine light is on but im pretty sure it has something to do with the test pipes since i still havent driven it since i installed it.

- - - Updated - - -

update: i found my code reader and it said
P0161 MOD $10
Oxygen sensor
heater circuit bank
2 sensor 2
confirmed

can anyone tell me how to fix this?

What year is yours? I just received my resonated test pipes and am waiting on putting them on, but hopefully I don't run into this issue, mine is a 91? I thought you don't receive a CEL unless your an OBD II NSX?

update: i found my code reader and it said
P0161 MOD $10
Oxygen sensor
heater circuit bank
2 sensor 2
confirmed
can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Looks like a straightforward replacement of an O2 sensor.
The old ones can be very tough to remove so if you don't have the tools, jack stands etc, a dealership may be your best bet.

This is the heater circuit, so the 02 sensor is bad. This happens sometimes when swapping. You mentioned Bank 2, sensor2, so I assume the car is 1995+ and has both a primary and secondary 02 sensor. You are not done after you change the sensor. You will get another CEL, telling you the cat has failed, since you removed it.

Read this:

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...fouler-eliminate-check-engine-light-pics.html

You will need to make this mod to keep the CEL off.

HTH,
LarryB

Try to reset your computer. Take out the radio fuse the hood 7.5 wait 30 sec. Put fuse back in start car let run for 5-10 min. That might fix your problem. Happen to me before. :wink:

That same set up was on my car with no problem. I know cause I sold it to you.LOL:tongue:

Try this before you do anything else or waste money.

What year is yours? I just received my resonated test pipes and am waiting on putting them on, but hopefully I don't run into this issue, mine is a 91? I thought you don't receive a CEL unless your an OBD II NSX?

I just put my RTP's on Saturday and mine is a 91, you don't get the CEL on pre OBDII cars as they're after the O2 sensor! So no worries!

Back