• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check Lights

Here's the scenario,

I was driving my 91 NSX auto for a few hours when I suddenly felt that 'need for speed'. After applying the pedal to metal and treating myself to that wonderful VTEC sound and experience for a few minutes, the check engine oil lights and ALB lights came on. Even the TCS lights. In addition, my speedometer started going crazy. like it has a mind of it's own. Jumping from one number to another.

So I stopped the car for a few minutes. After that interval, I started it back again. And everything seems to be fine.
What is the problem here guys? Pls Help( it has done that twice already)

You will need to pull the codes that are recorded in your car's computer. You can find instructions for doing so in the service manual. It also tells you how to interpret the codes and the diagnostic procedures to follow for each one.

SuperCar,

As Ken suggests pull the codes. It sure sounds like the "speedsensor" though. If you go to section 11, page 58 in the online manual you will see how to troubleshoot this. IF you get a code "17" this is where you want to be. In section 13, page10 it shows the location of the sensor on the transmission.

HTH,
LarryB

[This message has been edited by Larry Bastanza (edited 10 March 2003).]

Back