• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Check out my new toy for my baby.

I am the winning bidder of this beautiful toy for my NSX. I am going to be rebuilding my engine next week reinforced and am going to run around 13 lbs of boost. Not sure what the HP will be but I am hoping around 450 RWHP. We will see in the next month or so. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845199406
Not sure if the link will work but if you cut and paste it, it will work.
I am going to put JE forged pistons, rods and sleeve the cylinder walls. Hopefully I won't have any more problems. Should be a fun project.

Rob Hunt

Cool!!!!PLease keep us update!

Ps. it's Ferrari season
biggrin.gif

The pictures on E-bay also whow a water injection kit attached to the intake. Did that come included with the turbo kit also?

Yes, the Cartech kit is intercooled.

I went to their site and read all about their twin turbo kit. Fascinating and amazing. According to them, their twin turbos are the only intercooled turbos.

I want one! *grin*

------------------
2003 NSX owner to be.

Isn't this the Bell twin turbo kit? How are you going to get 13psi from them? If these are the Aerodyne turbos they are small and max out at 6-8psi. That being said, you can still put down near 400HP with tuning like Speeddemon has done with his Bell kit.

Oh OK, just read the description about the updated compressors. Hopefully they can boost to that level now as the old ones could not. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 29 July 2002).]

Hopefully they were not bs'ing when they put this on their website. I copied this from the cartech.net/nsx.html website. I will be disappointed if I can only use 6 or 7 psi as it is going to cost alot of money to reinforce the engine.

Cartech Twin Turbo Stock
Power: bhp 390 270
Torque: lb-ft 305 225
0 to 60 mph (seconds) 4.4 to 4.8 5.9
1/4 Mile (seconds) 12.8 14.4
Velocity 113 99.0

These performance numbers were recorded with a stock engine. One of Cartech's design objectives was to provide substantial performance with an unmodified engine. Although our objective was clearly achieved, we were mindful of those that want greater performance than the stock engine provides. Thus, the design we created is expandable in the performance envelope to provide virtually any power rating consistent with engine preparation.

Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.Do the engine work!after seeing the one that just got done in California and Davids in Texas which is in the sport compact mag, they are both pushing sick HP.I think they both had the motor decked.not just pistons and sleeves..cams I think also.I think the car out west is like 600 or 650 at the crank.you bought a killer turbo set up for your car.(lets please not start a thread on SC vs turbo and who makes the best of either..been beat to death already)why not make it one of the baddest NSX'S in the country by doing the motor work
wink.gif
but if you dont, after seeing what Bens (bell twin turbo) was doing with what I think are stock internals I dont believe you will be disappointed whatever route you take.his car is crazy fast(I know that for sure as I watched him pull on me at a undisclosed rate of speed in our upper gears which is very hard to do..pull that hard at the higher gear ratios) Ben or Scott if I am wrong about Bens internal motor being stock jump in if you read this.
David

Back