• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago-area GTG: late October

Chicago-area GTG: October 19

Another get-together for the Chicago / Milwaukee area folks (folks like AaronR who drive up also welcome :) )

Working date so far is Sunday 19-October.

Current plans to include:
- scenic country drive
- lunch/brunch
- possibly a tour/visit (Volo car museum, etc)
- photo ops (NSX parking always a photo-op)

Please post here if this date works.

###########

[EDIT] -- adding some pix/info from last year

Some pix from last year's event include:

genevalotP9220717-vi.jpg

mwfdtldPICT0045-vi.jpg

Last edited:
cojones said:
Another get-together for the Chicago / Milwaukee area folks (folks like AaronR who drive up also welcome :) )

Working date so far is Sunday 19-October.

Current plans to include:
- scenic country drive
- lunch/brunch
- possibly a tour/visit (Volo car museum, etc)
- photo ops (NSX parking always a photo-op)

Please post here if this date works.

My own personal invite...I'm blushing :D

The date works for me and Volo is always a great place to visit, count me in!

Aaron

Pretty sure I have that weekend open.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Can't make it

While on a spirited drive to day, I managed to hit some gravel and spun into a barbed wire fence. My car, although drivable, is, for the most part, out of commission. Maybe next time.

Re: Can't make it

mbartlett4 said:
While on a spirited drive to day, I managed to hit some gravel and spun into a barbed wire fence. My car, although drivable, is, for the most part, out of commission. Maybe next time.
Sorry to hear about this... does this mean you're not driving it to NSXPO ??

Another NSX get together? I'm always up for that! Car might be optional though, that late in the year. Getting ready to put the baby to bed. The date is probably good, but where were you considering holding it? (didn't see a restaurant). If you are up around Volo, should be plenty of nice places! It would also be nice to see another yellow NSX as Manuel keeps picking on mine! :p

still looking into it...

YellowNSX said:
Another NSX get together? I'm always up for that! Car might be optional though, that late in the year. Getting ready to put the baby to bed. The date is probably good, but where were you considering holding it? (didn't see a restaurant). If you are up around Volo, should be plenty of nice places! It would also be nice to see another yellow NSX as Manuel keeps picking on mine! :p
Am checking with the Grand Geneva, site of last year's Fall brunch. Was thinking if we get an early start there, then do a little driving enroute to Volo.

I should be able to make it.

You will want to see the seat emblems I had put on. Suede NSX logo in silver on the black headrests. Very reasonable price. Looks stock.

Got them through www.manhattanauto.net

Click on interior graphics.

I'll post some pics when I get around to finishing the roll (I know I need a digi).

12 folks and counting...

jdalto said:
Sounds like fun. Do we meet in Lake Geneva or somewhere on the way?
I'd suggest we meet up at the parking lot at Grand Geneva (in Lake Geneva WI).

So far we have at least 18-19 folks interested:

- Steven S - 2
- Aaron (AaronR) - 1
- Rick (YellowNSX) - 2
- John (jdalto) - 2
- Ryan (brahtw8) - 1
- Tom B (Bell Turbo B18C1) - 1
- GinaK - 1 ?
- Steve J (SJJ28) - 1
- Dave B (RockfordNSX) - 1
- Darrin (ASenna88) - 4
- Manuel (nsx1164) - 3

EDIT: Attendee count updated 10/14/03

Other folks ?? Lets get a good crowd going -- Lake Geneva is beautiful this time of the year.

Please post interest and # of people coming.
I need to get a decent headcount for the restaurant reservation.
Also, please confirm if you are interested in visiting the VOLO museum afterwards...

Thanks

Last edited:
Put me down for two not sure on the Volo though. Ryan maybe we can hook up with you in Milwaukee and ride over together. There might be two other NSXs coming with me I hope I will try to get them to confirm ASAP.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I am very tentative... have to see how my schedule looks as we get closer to the date. I am going to try my best to be there. Would you guys mind if a friend of mine in his very nice 300zx tags along? If we can make it it will be 2-4 people. Yes on volo if we make it there. Probably go to chicago for the weekend and come up for the sunday event:) Mo - Elite.

Steven Spanbauer said:
Put me down for two not sure on the Volo though. Ryan maybe we can hook up with you in Milwaukee and ride over together. There might be two other NSXs coming with me I hope I will try to get them to confirm ASAP.
Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Sounds like a plan. I will try to get the milwaukee-area NSXers there as well, perhaps two or three additional. I'll post as soon as I know if anyone else is coming, or I'll have them reply to this thread.

My only worry is not having the NSX out of the shop by then. I am embarassed to admit that I pulled a non-catastrophic money shift during the last session on Sunday. I partially engaged 2nd at 110 mph coming into turn 1. I caught it right away and engaged the clutch such that the gear was never fully engaged, but the engine saw approx. 10,500 RPM for about 1/3 of a second. The engine did not explode, and I drove it home (I know!). A rough idle has John Vasos and I suspecting a few slightly bent valves, and I await the result of a cylinder leakdown test today.

Even if I need new valves, to the tune of $1500-2000, I should be able to make it. Just don't expect me to pick up the check. ;)

Volo is apparently not that far away, so it may not be a bad idea. I'm fairly flexible.

Back