• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago Indoor Racing ?

Chicago Indoor Racing

Just wondering if anyone else has heard the advertisements for this place... I've seen it in some local-area "lifestyle" magazines. They aren't open yet (not till month-end) but I'm sure that once they are, it will be quite busy.

I am thinking about maybe organizing an off-season group event in January but would like to check on interest levels before calling them to see what is available. We did one of these at the Johanssen place near Indy a couple of winters ago, and it was a LOT of fun.

If you think this is something you would like to do on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, leave a post here.

EDIT: adding venue location

Track is in Buffalo Grove IL, near the Lake/Cook county line.
301 Hastings Drive
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

Directions at http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/Directions/Default.htm

Last edited:
This looks great. I would definitely be in.

Been there, done that

I have been to Chicago indoor racing, It is nice, but pricey. I believe the owners name is Tony. Prices are as follows:
1st race: $25
2nd race $25
3rd race $10
Lunch there is also a pricey affair. 3 people ate the following:
2 apps, 2 burgers, 1 ceasar salad, and 2 deserts and 2 glasses of wine. Total price for food: $74 plus tip.
On the up side, brand new NICE honda carts, and a quick lesson on carting (and the use of flags) . The course has a nice hairpin turn and by the end of the day there is alot of rubber around it.
It is VERY cool but abit pricey!

We discussed doing this as an NSX Club activity, probably some time in February - after our NSX Club annual dinner in January, and before our big upcoming Hoosier NSX event in April or May. Stay tuned for details.

There is also a license fee.

Don't forget about the:
$10 monthly license fee or the $25 annual license fee, which basically means that you do not have to attend the orientation again. So tact on $10 or $25 to your first time there. This was the most discouraging thing I saw there. :(

In my opinion, it is too pricey for what you get.

There are two tracks, a 600 ft track and an 800 ft track. You get 25 laps around the 600ft track and 20 around the 800, depending on which is open.

The lap times on the short track were I believe 16 seconds, which comes out to about 7 minutes of driving.

Only private events, will they reconfigure the tracks to use the entire space. The track would be much better then.

But, the place is very very nice. It looks very clean and professional. You could tell it would be expensive when you walked in. :)

I haven't been to this place yet but from what I hear, it's a LOT of fun. I might be renting this place sometime in Dec. According to my friend who's looking into this, it would come out to $40/person + the license fee for 1-hour of track time. You can PM me if you're interested in going. I don't think we'll have a lot of spots available since we are limiting it to 20 people.

-Awais

With private rentals I think you can choose the track config and the number of laps/time per race. Are you thinking about 4-25min. races, 2-30min races, 1 - 1 hr race, etc... Would this be a weekday or weeknight or weekend?

Kenric

Ag NSX said:
With private rentals I think you can choose the track config and the number of laps/time per race. Are you thinking about 4-25min. races, 2-30min races, 1 - 1 hr race, etc... Would this be a weekday or weeknight or weekend?

Kenric
Kenric, haven't really decided the configuration yet. I was thinking either four 15 min. races or three 20 min. races. I'm not sure on the day either since we haven't finalized it yet.

Indoor Karting

There is a old warehouse in Bettendorf Iowa that has indoor karting. It's called "F1 Indoor Karting" and the owners name is Calvin. Bettendorf Iowa is an easy drive from Chicago, it's between 2-1/4 and 3 hours from almost any place in the Chicagoland area.

I have been to a couple of indoor tracks in Indianapolis, and one in Atlanta. F1 is definately not the nicest looking facility, but it by far gives the best bang for the buck!!! :D Some of the tracks get really upset for bumping around the track, and consequently do a lot of "black flagging" for doing a little too much "rubbing". F1 will allow "light contact", and if you rent the track, they pretty much let you go at it, as long as you aren't endagering yourself, or their equipment. It's really an awesome place!!!!

http://www.f1indoorkarting.com/contactus.html

Tom

Re: Indoor Karting

ylwiron said:
There is a old warehouse in Bettendorf Iowa that has indoor karting. It's called "F1 Indoor Karting" and the owners name is Calvin. Bettendorf Iowa is an easy drive from Chicago, it's between 2-1/4 and 3 hours from almost any place in the Chicagoland area.
This new place (Chicago Indoor Racing) is 10 minutes from my house :D

-Awais

I will be in Chicago area for the 04 car show and would like to visit the indoor race track. Do I need to make reservation?

NSX01 said:
I will be in Chicago area for the 04 car show and would like to visit the indoor race track. Do I need to make reservation?
I think you can just walk in.

Anyone in the Chicago area going to Chicago indoor race track on Sat Feb 7, 2004. Also, I will be in Chico for the autoshow.

Re: Chicago Indoor Racing (FUN)

I was lucky enough to win a chance from the ChicagoLand Speedway to race at C.I.R on Monday August 30th.
40 contestants
Each person got 3 15lap heat races.
Starting positions determined by computer.
Points were awarded for finishing places. (16 for first, 15 for 2nd and so on)
10 highest points getters moved on to 24lap feature.
1st Heat race I started 5th, Finished 3rd
2nd Heat race I started 9th Finished 3rd
3rd Heat race I started 10th Finished 6th(had to go to penalty box to much bumping)
Made feature Race but had to start second to last(9th)
Finished 4th!!!!!
It was a blast!!
Got to meet Buddy Rice.
Bobby Rahal was there also.

Back