• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chip upgrades - how much difference

Dyno:

What would be the accuracy of a dyno?
I remember a previous thread where someone explained about the accuracy of a dyno.
If i remember correctly, the difference could be quiet significant, where factors such as temp., hum., etc. would make a huge difference......
If anyone with info regarding this knows something, please share it with us.

Gheba,
For the Dali chip, i know one owner here in Holland using it. But then, he's driving an US NSX
wink.gif
. He claims the difference is in the revs, more then added power*.
(*please read disclaimer on revs on Mark site)

Dutchy

Dutchy,
is it Guus? Is it an Acura or a badged Honda his car?

About the dyno, maybe it is not perfect in generating absolute values but as comparison (same condition, same dyno) it should work. Shouldn't?

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Enzo,
it was the other "Enzo" (real name in that case) that told me that a friend of him in Germany wanted to install an RM chip (or another aftermarket for Acura) and it did not work. That because some basic parameter is different for the two cars and the car would not "run"...
confused.gif

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I am still looking for somebody that can tell me, "go ahead!" and I'll order the Dali chip!(

GO AHEAD ...and we'll know !!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Dutchy,
is it Guus? Is it an Acura or a badged Honda his car?

No it is not Guus he's got a genuine Honda, it's the other dutchy who has 2 NSX's (1 SC'ed).

About the dyno, maybe it is not perfect in generating absolute values but as comparison (same condition, same dyno) it should work. Shouldn't?

I think that absolute values are probably quiet good, it's only a reference. It's the difference in the performance off the engine which alters in time due to external factors.

There should be someone who knows about this.........????

Mich

Back