• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chris Harris UK top gear review

Back to tires...when I purchased my 1994 (new) the window sticker reflected a statement on tires.
In my paperwork, had to sign a disclaimer that I understood the tires
wore out fast and it was my problem not Acura/Honda's....

Previous to my purchase they were on the receiving end of a class action suit brought by
owners for tire wear and subsequently provided free tires to owners.
[/IMG]

IIRC, Honda also changed the alignment the cars got at the factory due to that suit, to yield better wear at the expense of handling.

I'd be pretty impressed if it pulled a 1:17x on all-seasons. Which is slim to zero chance of that.

But a 1:17x means it's slightly slower than its counter parts and all of the niceties of an Acura.

IIRC, Honda also changed the alignment the cars got at the factory due to that suit, to yield better wear at the expense of handling.

Correct...cars came w/either Yokohama or Bridgestone Potenza - both supposedly engineered specifically for the NSX.

It does not matter how many forums I join or what the subject matter is.....FNG is there to "set things straight".

Thanks FNG, we couldn't do this without you.

Cool video. Is it just me or is every hard test of the new Nsx always nothing but screeching tires? Seems like not a whole lot of grip to me for an awd car? Maybe it was just the commentary from the British silly nannies getting the best of me?:rolleyes:

Cool video. Is it just me or is every hard test of the new Nsx always nothing but screeching tires? Seems like not a whole lot of grip to me for an awd car? Maybe it was just the commentary from the British silly nannies getting the best of me?:rolleyes:

I totally agree about the 'silly nannies'. The car's weight and the electronic control systems around suspension damping and the torque vectoring must be surely be putting a lot of additional stress on the tires. The adaptive dampers I'm led to believe react very quickly, but because of the finite static and dynamic masses involved, there is going to be some feedback hysteresis, and that could account for the unsettled suspension behavior observed. One of the benefits of controlled electronics is they can be reprogrammed, and no doubt in time Honda will refine the algorithms to improve handling.

But, Harris's enthusiastic take is a ray of sunshine. You can tell the bloke is genuinely a happy person - he's got none of the discontented chips on his shoulder with regard to brand or tribe that seems to poison many within performance car circles. That he takes it for what it is; a unique take on automotive development and enjoys the resulting experience, means this new NSX IS pushing new boundaries.

Last edited:
I totally agree about the 'silly nannies'. The car's weight and the electronic control systems around suspension damping and the torque vectoring must be surely be putting a lot of additional stress on the tires. The adaptive dampers I'm led to believe react very quickly, but because of the finite static and dynamic masses involved, there is going to be some feedback hysteresis, and that could account for the unsettled suspension behavior observed.

But, Harris's enthusiastic take is a ray of sunshine. You can tell the bloke is genuinely a happy person - he's got none of the discontented chips on his shoulder with regard to brand or tribe that seems to poison many within performance car circles. That he takes it for what it is, a unique take on automotive development and enjoys the resulting experience, means this new NSX IS pushing new boundaries.
It needs Michelins desperately!!!

But, Harris's enthusiastic take is a ray of sunshine. You can tell the bloke is genuinely a happy person - he's got none of the discontented chips on his shoulder with regard to brand or tribe that seems to poison many within performance car circles. That he takes it for what it is; a unique take on automotive development and enjoys the resulting experience, means this new NSX IS pushing new boundaries.

Does the fact Harris isn't a fan of the MkI give him a different perspective I wonder?

Just rewatched. Didn't pay attention the first time and now noticed it's a German registered right hand drive car which if I recall correctly means it's the uk spec car. Wheels certainly confirm that.

that would mean it's definitely on the continentals. Makes the time much more impressive.

Does the fact Harris isn't a fan of the MkI give him a different perspective I wonder?

No doubt. I can relate to his sentiment but for probably different reasons. I never liked the look of the Mk1 NSX, so it was never been going to be in contention to buy one. Conversely I really do love the look of the new one, and that for me is top of the list - I like it more than it's competitors looks! Harris of course will have his own reasons that are philosophically much more sophisticated than mine!

Back