• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

christmas toys you can't put down

I am starting a thread to see what toy or toys we parents are playing with as much as our kids....for me it is this little helicopter from zyma made in china metal series...really neat indoor model with cool flashing led's and it really is maneuverable.Only sad part it takes 45 min to charge and 8 minutes to fully discharge.

I am starting a thread to see what toy or toys we parents are playing with as much as our kids....for me it is this little helicopter from zyma made in china metal series...really neat indoor model with cool flashing led's and it really is maneuverable.Only sad part it takes 45 min to charge and 8 minutes to fully discharge.
(assuming yours, er, their new helicopter has counter-rotating rotors, i bought pretty much the same thing for our cats (kids have been gone for 10 years now) several months back and since they're not flying it much, i enjoy the heck out of it! (i bought several batteries so i can fly until my thumbs wear out ;)

i'll be picking up the next size up, tail rotor model in a week or two.

sure miss the kids :tongue:

iPad :biggrin:

(assuming yours, er, their new helicopter has counter-rotating rotors, i bought pretty much the same thing for our cats (kids have been gone for 10 years now) several months back and since they're not flying it much, i enjoy the heck out of it! (i bought several batteries so i can fly until my thumbs wear out ;)

i'll be picking up the next size up, tail rotor model in a week or two.

sure miss the kids :tongue:

yes it has the counter rotating blades and a tail rotor...nifty little thing too bad it dies after 8 minutes..

My new fone. Samsung fascinate galaxy s. Love this phone..still figuring out what it have inside.

Lol

I can't seem to stop putting stuff together.

My daughter got a landslide of gifts that all require "some assembly"

Fortunately I minored in Ikea, so by end of the day today all her new stuff is assembled and sturdy. :wink:

The stuff she got looks like a lot of fun. I'd say I wish I was a kid again, but it is as much fun enjoying this stuff with her.

P

P.S. I got myself one of those airhogs choppers a month or so ago, but i can't get the thing to stay airborne. even at full throttle it just slowly sinks to the floor. I am wondering if the altitude might be preventing it from staying aloft...

Kotaku.com had an article on father and son gaming last week. Toy Story 3 came out at #1 on the list. Get the X360 or PS3 version, and you'll have endless hours of fun playing co-op with your son or daughter in Toy Box mode. Me and the kids have logged many hours together since we got it back in June.

http://kotaku.com/5714385/a-gift-guide-to-father-and-son-gaming

i cant tell you what i am typing this on but it blows the ipad away. i cant put itdown. too bad i have to give it back.

I bought myself a RC helicopter also. Go to youtube and search Blade MSR, fully functioning and small enough to fly indoors, pretty cool. I also can't 'put down' NSX Prime now that I am in to market for one!

lego darth vader's tie fighter
lego x-wing fighter
lego plo koon's (????) ship
i'm surrounded by legos. all my son wanted this year was star wars legos and mostly that's all people bought for him. i've been building (and repairing) star wars lego ships for 3 days now, starting with the xwing on xmas eve.

oh, and the wife bought me a kindle. she cant stand the stack of 400 books on my nightstand. hate to break the bad news to her, but i prefer to pay $0.50 for a used book over $10 for a "new" ebook :).

Last edited:
I bought three of the better RC helicopters, at Brookstone, and the extended 2-year warranty, for my 23 year-old daughter, her 26 year-old boyfriend and my 22 year-old son. I tried one twice and realized it would take some practice to keep from hitting the ceiling or bouncing it off the floor. My son was getting good at it and started chasing his sister's cat. :biggrin: I can see getting addicted to getting good at them.

how many minutes of flight time are you folks getting? If you could post the make and model as well.....tia.

how many minutes of flight time are you folks getting? If you could post the make and model as well.....tia.

Blade mcx2. ~9 mins with the larger battery just off the charger. I do a fair amount of climbing/takeoff/landings.

These little micro's are a hoot...and the outside weather doesn't matter :)

http://www.brookstone.com/ucontrol-cloud-force-rc-helicopter.html?his=2~46337~2~root_category%40kwd~helicopter&bkiid=searchResults|C4CategoryProdList1FDT|9374209
^This is the link to the Brookstone helicopters I bought. These take 6 AA batteries in the remote control and the remote is plugged in to the helicopter to recharge it. As for time, it seems to me that it was about 10-15 minutes of flight time and 15-20 minutes to recharge, but I didn't time it. BTW, they are for inside use only. If you go to the link above, you can read reviews from owners.

IMG_0496101225KK_CK_BS.jpg

^Here's a photo of my son, my daughter and her boyfriend holding their helicopters on Christmas day.

Last edited:
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots! Biggest hit on Christmas day.

funny, bought one of these or something similar for my brother for christmas as he likes toys...well so do I, he's been playing with it none stop. Wish we had toys like this when we were kids, especially for the price.

funny, bought one of these or something similar for my brother for christmas as he likes toys...well so do I, he's been playing with it none stop. Wish we had toys like this when we were kids, especially for the price.

So true, in my youth the only "remote" control was iether a string,the wind,or a huge box slung over your shoulders controlling a spitting screaming gas powered monster that quite frankly frightened me.I was an estes rocket man instead.

Back