• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chronic Air loss issues...

I have a wheel losing air at the lip of the rim on backside...sprayed solution and right away bubbles like crazy..

Here's the story- never had a problem with the rim until I mounted a new tire. Tire was barely used and from a friend with no probs before. Now once I mounted tire kept going flat in the garage over a period of a week or so..

Had the tire remounted and seemed to go away for a while until now..regardless I'm buying new tires next week..

My question is bent wheel or bad tire?? I know I'll know once I mount a new tire but its bugging me till then..a trusted shop said this happens and they've seen it before- FYI tire size is 225/35/18..

Question, is it the same spot on the rim when you remounted?

Recent experience:
I'd lose air FAST when driving, flat within 5 miles of airing up. However, it'd hold air and wouldn't even show a bubble at 60 psi dunked. At 90 psi, it'd barely give a pin hole bubble, barely, but enough that it caught my eye. It was located at the bead. However, when I'd press down on the sidewall of tire above where the bubble showed with just my thumb, air would GUSH out. Turns out, a chunk of tire got stuck between the bead and rim from mounting.

Back