• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chrysler ME, 850 hp, 2500lbs, can you believe it?

Chrysler ME, 850 hp, 2800lbs, can you believe it?

Chrysler is going to make a supercar which has 850 hps, 12 cylinder 4 turbochargers engine, and it's only wieght 2800 lbs. It looks like the new HSC (althought it is much uglier). What do you guys think about it? Is this just another American car with a beast engine, or it is really a supercar like Ford GT?

Here is the link:
http://autoshow.edmunds.yahoo.com/news/autoshow/articles/100916/page011.html

I thought this was an NSX message forum. Maybe I should visit the Daimler/Chrysler board to discuss my favorite car?

This is a show car with no basis in a production vehicle.

John Force's funny car makes 8500 horsepower - does that make it 10 times as cool as the Chrysler showcar? Is it just me or this horsepower thing reaching the point of absurdity???

I remember when motorcycles were going thru there bragging rights about which one was faster...the Hyabusa or the XX.....
Now it seems that they are doing that with cars....
But like the motorcycle craze....THIS FAD WILL PASS!!

0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds, and 1/4 mile 10.6 seconds:eek:

I see nothing wrong with having auto makers have one halo car. If anything, it makes other automakers create better cars with more technology, HP, better handling etc..etc..

Just think, if Chrysler has a 850HP supercar .. maybe we will get 1/2 as much for the next NSX :)

Just got my Autoweek this morning, haven't read the article on this baby yet. Will get to it later....

Anyway, I think it's a very very beautiful car, even more so than the HSC, albeit the styling appeal may not endure and probably look dated before the HSC will. From many angles it resembles the Cadillac CIEN and Lambo Gallardo combined, albeit with curves and creases in the right places.This is how the next gen NSX ought to look like, minus the insanely ludicrus performance potentials that, to me, really shouldn't be injected into a road going car- I mean, how are you ever gonna use that much HP safely and legally on the streets? BUT regardless (and I'm contradicting myself here so someone please B*tch slap me :D), If they ever put this car into production, and should I win the State Lottery, I'd park this sexy baby in my garage in a heartbeat, even if it's a "Chrysler". :)

My 2 cents after all........

NetViper said:
I see nothing wrong with having auto makers have one halo car. If anything, it makes other automakers create better cars with more technology, HP, better handling etc..etc..

Just think, if Chrysler has a 850HP supercar .. maybe we will get 1/2 as much for the next NSX :)

Totally agree!

Back