• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Civic Si sedan

Hi All,

Been furiously shopping for a new DD as the 454 Chevy is growing long in the tooth and short at the gas pump:eek:

I miss the mileage of the Prius, and the dynamics of the S2000. Mostly been shopping for older model Prius (Pri'i?) in the $10g range, but saw a nice looking four door Si in town today and found one an hour away for ~$13g.

My question is more about gas mileage than fun to drive. EPA only says 21/29 but several online posters have mentioned high 20's and mid 30's. Also, I am generally negative on the whole FWD experience, but need to drive one and see.

Any input would be most appreciated.

I have a 2007 Si and absolutely love it.
I bought it a few years ago and haven't regretted for one second.
I drive mine VERY conservatively and usually get ~275-285 out of a full tank of gas. I think it is a 11 gal tank or something like that. THat is 95% city driving. I've taken it on a few out of town/state trips and the mileage did increase to a bit over 30 but mid 30's is more than I've ever seen.
I can't speak to the amount of torque steer that it has as I don't drive it hard enough to be concerned with it.
I've kept it 100% stock except for tinting the windows. Nothing done to the suspension, interior or powertrain.
I would buy another in a heartbeat if I wrecked it or it got stolen.
Feel free to PM or email me if you need more info or have other questions.
I don't come on here much anymore(haven't signed in for a few months but did here to answer this question) but I'll monitor this thread in case I can be of more assistance.
Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the responses.

Hbui39, I am looking for a four door DD, otherwise I would just replace the S2000. Much easier taking the lab to work everyday with a back seat and four doors.

4AU4Life, that is exactly what I was hoping to find. I would be using it mostly around town, with 2-3 times a year trips to Birmingham. I may be in touch after I drive it this weekend.

I'm also in the process of buying a DD. Driving the G35c to work everyday is killing me, especially midtown where door dings are very common. I will be checking out the 2006-08 Civic 4DR since everyone tells me it's a "no brainer" :cool:

I'm also in the process of buying a DD. Driving the G35c to work everyday is killing me, especially midtown where door dings are very common. I will be checking out the 2006-08 Civic 4DR since everyone tells me it's a "no brainer" :cool:

I'm like you, I need a beater for my daily beater that is supposed to protect my NSX... :biggrin:

What's the cost to replace the battery in a older used Prius?

Honestly don't know, but have read reports that some owners are over 200k with no battery problems. Toyota guarantees them 8yr/100k

Hi

A year ago I bought a Civic Si Mugen from Thekid@Bridgewater Acura. I am very happy with it.

If you are going to rev it a little you will need a Hondata Flashpro. I got one and the rev hang problem is almost goine. A lot better than it was.

Google Civic Si and rev hang and read about it. A lot of stuff about it on the 8thcivic forum.

I have the mpg numbers from day one. But they are too many,

This is the statistic

0.9353 liter per 10 kilometer in average.

Mostly driving in town. Winter (cold) from about october until may. So a lot of cold starts. I have now a warmer thing that makes it a lot nicer to have a car in the winter here.

Minimum 0,57 l per 10 km

On the highway about 0.65 to 0.74 when I browse the records I have.

Maximum 1.6439 liter per 10km (this is not that accurate. The fuel tank was extremly full)

You can find a calculator on the web to get from liters per 10 kilometer to mpg.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I am very happy with the car. I will think about it and see if I can find more to tell you. Just ask and I will answer.

Best regards

I have a 2009 and have been very happy with it. My intown driving has averaged 27.5 mpg. I haven't taken on a long trip so I can't say what it gets on the highway.

In stock form on the streets, it handles really well with no hint of understeer. I have a Flashpro for it and it make the car more fun to drive, but I can't speak to any performance gains. Be aware that pre-2009 models are prone to gear-grinding issues.

Good luck!

Back