• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clarion Builds 1991 NSX Photos by Larry Chen

Hey Prime, we had world-famous drift photographer Larry Chen do a professional shoot of our car at the Hoonigan Donut Garage in Long Beach, CA. What do you think of the end result of our build?
46km9X8.jpg

536u8WJ.jpg

GdGUI0J.jpg

or7tLNE.jpg

dfaDoZA.jpg

7hH223v.jpg

SHAdY0Y.jpg

vhwHALB.jpg

14Kydds.jpg

u2nVPub.jpg

eBZJynm.jpg

5WU6Ey2.jpg

VRTsPbg.jpg

ahc1lfP.jpg

Ykx11iM.jpg

GWUcROa.jpg

9lSwTO2.jpg

9C7bUg0.jpg

NBz1EC1.jpg

FoqZAae.jpg

s8tih4t.jpg

17GZaN7.jpg

EDgcQzW.jpg

JvwPPO3.jpg

k3s3GED.jpg

R7RwNQE.jpg

cYzagnF.jpg

MHjicp4.jpg

fc58ebc.jpg

eqSLLaf.jpg

Was able to see this beauty in person at HRE's Open House last month! These photos do the car as much as justice as seeing IRL. Everything is right about it. Only thing missing are the 02+ lower door caps and now I'm noticing the absent headlight housing screw caps. But that's nit-picking.

really nice car... i don't know why but i really really dislike the R wing paint matched especially with the roof being black and also the 02 valence not having the mid section not black. The contrast of those 2 things i feel like would really clean up the car even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Was able to see this beauty in person at HRE's Open House last month! These photos do the car as much as justice as seeing IRL. Everything is right about it. Only thing missing are the 02+ lower door caps and now I'm noticing the absent headlight housing screw caps. But that's nit-picking.

i agree! door caps as well... would clean up that side really nicely

Last edited:
After seeing all the work that went into Clarion's build thread the final pics really show off a tastefully mod/upgraded car. Well done, looks fantastic! The interior is great with those seats and color. Love the extra detail of stainless steel bolts finishing off holes left by engine cover removal. All in the details.

Details that were missed or I suppose design choices...1) upgrade the lighting interior/exterior with LED bulbs 2)upgrade the headlights with HID 3) maybe its just bad lighting but is the back of the JDM nav pod not color matched to rest of console? 4) Why is the screen in JDM nav pod not centered? 5) looks like you left the original side intake fins instead of updating looks to the mesh intake grills 6) Why cut the door cards by putting the tweaters on the door face? Why would you not put the tweeters in the triangular piece just above? 7) I get leaving the sub exposed since this car is show, but dang I hope they have a mesh cover to protect sub during test drives and events like that. 8) I also noticed the other items mentioned above. Geez tough crowd.

Wow the manhours put into this and that is also something that rubs me the wrong way. All the hours yet boring on the audio build? Nothing new or creative? Cutting up door cards and yet not even angling the speakers towards occupants? Not doing something really cool with all the space where the rear center speaker is? that could have been small subs instead. Sigh...so much untapped potential.

Overall a fantastic build and I would happily own this car and be proud of it.

The fact that they refuse to do the door cars makes the car look unfinished.

Very nice build that is done with taste and cleanliness!

All the components used flow nicely which is important. We are more than happy to be part of this monumental build and supply a steering wheel worthy of the rest of the car. As with all projects there are hiccups but we are glad we were able to work through all the difficulties :)

Great job and very nice pictures by Larry Chen, thanks for sharing!

door cars?

Look just above the side skirts. The side skirts look to be '02 skirts, but with the natural body lines of the pre '02 if you do not cover that spot on the bottom of the door it makes the side skirts stick out and unfinished looking.

Back