• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear sidemarkers???

I did it on my silver (quite easy on the Euro/Japan models, a 20$ swap and you are done) and I think it looks a lot better.

But on a Sebring silver it makes more sense than on a red IMO. My sidemarkers are now the same color as the car...

I didn't realize you can't be cool after 30:cool: ??? Or have to like everything bone stock???

I'm 31, so maybe I can slip under the radar for a little while:D

yeah, those two NSX's and that Porsche look so riced out.....and I like it!!!I guess I just can't accept being over 30.

BTW, sorry about the "rice" comment, I was just replying to a couple puritans:D ...In all seriousness, that term is quit offensive to some people...and I can understand why.

and..........GO RAMS!!!!:eek: football season is just around the corner!!!!

Eric5273 said:
Just a note.........apparently the Honda designers thought amber was the way to go, because the 2002-2003 style has quite a bit more amber than the previous NSX's. My car has not only the corner lights, but both the front and rear turn signals. Changing the corner lights would do nothing to rid the car of amber. You would have to replace both front headlight casings and the entire rear light fixture.

Its not that the designers feel amber is the "way to go," its that certain amber reflectors are required by law. The function of the side-marker lamps is not only a side-light, but also a reflex reflector -- both of which are required by law.

As for the 02+ NSX, we are currently looking to develop a black housing / high-intensity LED headlight, similar to the one we developed for the new 350Z:

featcarA03.jpg

More pics here: http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/

91 X said:
yeah, those two NSX's and that Porsche look so riced out.....and I like it!!!I guess I just can't accept being over 30.

BTW, sorry about the "rice" comment, I was just replying to a couple puritans:D ...In all seriousness, that term is quit offensive to some people...and I can understand why.

hehe its really not a big deal, I hear people using it all the time. I just think people need to know better. Not everyone is appreciative of a word that is racially degrading. For me, its just another racial slur.. on the same level as beaner.

There are four corners to this world, we're clearing each one, one step at a time..

###########

actually you're doing it TWO corners at a time :)

Mike M -- keep the faith !!

nsxtasy said:
Funny you should say this, but also refer to "ugly orange sidemarker which sticks out like a sore thumb"... :p

The other funny thing about this whole discussion is that the sidemarker is such a minor detail, no one will ever notice the difference - whether it's orange or clear. Even if you point it out how you changed it to your car nut friends, they will think you're just being silly - not because they think orange or clear looks better or worse, but because they think it's such an insignificant thing that it's not worth talking about, let alone changing.

Huh??? I'm getting a head ache already.........All I said was that *I* didn't like the ugly orange sidemarkers and TO ME, they do stick out like a sore thumb...Nothing about "my car nut friends" liking them...If they start helping me with my insurance payments:eek: then I might care what they think about my "riced out" clear sidemarkers and parking lights....:D
I just think that it is laughable that someone would consider tiny little clear sidemarkers "rice"....It looks GOOD IMHO, thats all....

Take a look for yourself.....

1049826528049_Acura_NSX_Light_Mod_Ad_Pic.jpg

Back