• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clearcorner LED tail lights

turbo2go> Your older ones just had one section of lights per side. Now you have two... and it looks good. Is this just the difference between the 02+ lights which instead have a round signal section?

Actually, the lamp design has not changed much at all. Aesthetically, it is the same on the exterior as it was 5-6 years ago when we first created the lamps. Changes were made to the original circuit board since the original prototype. The newer boards are more stable and powerful (extremely powerful, as you've most likely read and heard about from others on prime).

What you see are the signal lamps. They are not always illuminated, obviously, they only illuminate when the signals/hazards are activated. :)

Is it possible to install LEDs at the ends where the reflectors are? (where circled)

No, that area is reserved for circuitry and also functions from the factory as a reflex reflector.

NSX PTY> Man this lamps are BRIGHT!!!!!! , guess no need for fog lamps
Michael, would this happen to be my J-spec 02 NSX-R LED taillamps + 02 NSX-R LED center panel ?? Can't wait to see them !! edit: site was just updated, but can't find R center panel ??

Hang tight Antonio, we still havent documented YOUR J-spec lamps. Actually, we will not be documenting the actual taillights, because the 02-05 taillamps have literally no differences with the exception of the reverse lamp chamber (it uses a slightly different style/color reflector). That is the ONLY difference. Of course, the NSX-R center panel is different, and we will be documenting this with the illuminated "H" badge, as you ordered. Just to make sure, you ARE aware that SOS sent us (and you purchased) the 02-05 J-spec lamps, NOT the 91-01 J-spec lamps. The newly added 91-01 J-spec lamps are not yours, they belong to another customer.

4 of 5 conversions are complete. Your lights were the last to arrive, and will be the last to leave our facilities. Stay tuned.

turbo2go> last of all, Any chance of a group buy?

Unfortunately, due to the amount of time invested in each conversion, we cannot offer group buys. Each lamp takes so much time, that we have a hard time just handling the minor amount of conversions we are currently handling. There is a significant amount of liability working on these lamps, and we try to avoid problems by limiting the amount of projects we try to complete at once. Sorry. :-(

I think it looks good from the pics......I just hope it does not blind people or get you pulled over. :eek:

ediddynsx said:
I think it looks good from the pics......I just hope it does not blind people or get you pulled over. :eek:

No, and for the record.. we want NSX owners to know that we have two different versions of these lamps: street and race versions. Originally, we were selling our race version. However, we felt it was best to sell the "toned down" street version as default. Those who want the race version, must specify.

Let it be known that the race version is not "cool" bright. Its f*ing bright, as in very Very VERY powerful. If the car is show/race, then go for that version. If the car even gets a taste of public asphalt, then dont even bother with the race version - it WILL get you into trouble.

* (Pictured above is of the street version).

Wow even street version is very bright...thanks good to know.

old_S13 said:
NSX PTY> Man this lamps are BRIGHT!!!!!! , guess no need for fog lamps
Michael, would this happen to be my J-spec 02 NSX-R LED taillamps + 02 NSX-R LED center panel ?? Can't wait to see them !! edit: site was just updated, but can't find R center panel ??

Hang tight Antonio, we still havent documented YOUR J-spec lamps. Actually, we will not be documenting the actual taillights, because the 02-05 taillamps have literally no differences with the exception of the reverse lamp chamber (it uses a slightly different style/color reflector). That is the ONLY difference. Of course, the NSX-R center panel is different, and we will be documenting this with the illuminated "H" badge, as you ordered. Just to make sure, you ARE aware that SOS sent us (and you purchased) the 02-05 J-spec lamps, NOT the 91-01 J-spec lamps. The newly added 91-01 J-spec lamps are not yours, they belong to another customer.

4 of 5 conversions are complete. Your lights were the last to arrive, and will be the last to leave our facilities. Stay tuned.

Hi Michael,

Yes, i ordered 02 J-spec lamps from SoS. I edit my post after i saw the 91 J-spec lamps on your site. thanks :cool:

Michael I am not sure I understand. This is my question. The 02+ have the oval amber signal indicator, pre-02 do not. So the second set of LEDs pictured here look like they would fit only on the pre-02 taillights. And from another picture on the website, looks like you do a round cluster of LED's behind the oval amber unit for signal on the 02+. So they are essentialy different looking when lit.

Right? I kinda like the second set of LED's, thinking that looks better than not having them because of my 05 taillights. They do seem to be functioning here as regular lights as well as signals, right?

TURBO2GO said:
Michael I am not sure I understand. This is my question. The 02+ have the oval amber signal indicator, pre-02 do not. So the second set of LEDs pictured here look like they would fit only on the pre-02 taillights. And from another picture on the website, looks like you do a round cluster of LED's behind the oval amber unit for signal on the 02+. So they are essentialy different looking when lit.

Right? I kinda like the second set of LED's, thinking that looks better than not having them because of my 05 taillights. They do seem to be functioning here as regular lights as well as signals, right?

I am really not too clear on the question here.

Both models 91-01 and 02-05 look and operate the same, the only difference is in the design of the signal lamps. The 91-01 use the three stripes, while the 02-05 has the oval signals.

The signals only illuminate when lit, they do not operate as parking lamps. Although we can possibly do something like that, keep them lit dimly and then turn them full brightness with the signals. presently, we keep the setup simple.

anyway, give us a jingle if you have any more questions.. it gets hard to answer these questions via text and we dont login and monitor the forums often.

cheers!

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I figure I would update it since we've had a recent change with the taillamp design.

Add06.jpg

turbo2go> Is it possible to install LEDs at the ends where the reflectors are? (where circled)

Yep, we redesigned things a bit and made just enough room for some low-profile, high-intensity LED arrays that illuminate the reflex reflectors. This feature will now be available as an add-on, and will function as a rear foglamp (commonly available on EU-spec cars with 1 clear reverse lamp and 1 red rear foglamp where the reverse typically is).

Add01.jpg

Add03.jpg

The second add-on is for the reverse lamp chamber. Typically, we upgraded the OEM bulb with a high-output halogen counterpart. This is still a very powerful and cost-effective solution. However, for those wanting to push things to the limit (and who enjoy the appearance of LED), we now have a very high power white LED reverse lamp available.

Thanks go to Antonio in Panama, without his dedication and interest, these goodies would not have been made possible!

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Hi guys,

Mike, thanks for the credits. I always try to go for the highest quality products, and without your high quality craftmanship this wouldn't have been possible either.

Indeed, my interest for LED tailamps have been huge from the moment i heard about them and ClearCorners was the way to go. Some people feel these are a bit price but i try to look not at price but to value, you get what you pay for. I sent my old taillamps to Mike but when he saw them, he recomended to replace them with new ones b/c they were a bit cracked from time. Since i had to replace my old ones, i decided to go for the NSX-R 02, i got them from SoS. Later on the road, Mike came up with LED reverse lamps so i picked them too. Last, if you read my previous post, i have been asking for rear fog lamps. We don't have fog down here but people sometimes do drive like crazy, this is just to make them back-off a little. Mike and I felt the corner reflector were the best place to put them (thanks TURBO2GO for the idea) so in they went.

Now i'm just waiting for some little details to wrap up and i should have them in a few days. Mike has always been very informative, and helpful. I definetly recommend Mike - ClearCorners.com for your LEDs project.

I guess i will owe you pic's once i have them installed.

Antonio

Last edited:
I've seen the pictures on the website. I'm just trying to see if anyone on the board got the matte black finish versus the bright silver finish before it's too late for me to decide.

I've seen the pictures on the website. I'm just trying to see if anyone on the board got the matte black finish versus the bright silver finish before it's too late for me to decide.

Matt, I am going to get the bright silver finish. The Matte black looks alittle dark for me.

What was their price quote [it's not online].You can PM me that if you like.

The taillight starts at $1890 and $345 for the High Power White LED Reverse Lamps

I went for the matte black but am waffling right now.

I can understand you going for the bright silver since your car is sebring silver. I figured the matte black will look good with silverstone. We'll see.

I want your headlights Chris

I can understand you going for the bright silver since your car is sebring silver. I figured the matte black will look good with silverstone. We'll see.

I think for the Sebring Silver I need to keep the taillights lighter, I don't want the taillights to look any darker. On a Silverstone your color is darker and will look great with dark red taillights.

I think for the Sebring Silver I need to keep the taillights lighter, I don't want the taillights to look any darker. On a Silverstone your color is darker and will look great with dark red taillights.

Yep, well said. Unless you have tons of darker features like wheels, roof, hood.. it wont add to the look on a sebring silver car.

The silverstone car works well with both, but on his i would go with black. FYI, your side-markers came in today from Acura - lets get ready to rumble! Expect to hear from us in a couple of weeks, Chris. ;-)

Yep, well said. Unless you have tons of darker features like wheels, roof, hood.. it wont add to the look on a sebring silver car.

The silverstone car works well with both, but on his i would go with black. FYI, your side-markers came in today from Acura - lets get ready to rumble! Expect to hear from us in a couple of weeks, Chris. ;-)

Mike,

I will be sending my lights in over the winter. I have too much going on right now.

Brandon

Mike,

After almost one year of working on my project it's almost done. Here's a quick video of your awesome lights. I'll try and get better pics and vids loaded for you. For those potential buyers, these are the "street version" done with matt black colored reflectors (makes the red lenses appear darker - similar to JDM tails) as Mike suggested for me. The lights are built to order and worth every penny spent. It makes the car look very updated and modern next to any of todays sport's cars. When lit up, these things remind me of afterburners on a jet and that's the street version mind you! Love em!

A very satisfied client, Louis.

Here's a Video

Last edited:
Wow! looks great..this is something I'm interested in getting in the near future but I have to keep saving all the pennies a while longer before breaking the piggy bank.. How long did clearcorner take to do the tail lights?

cheers

It was made last September and took about 2.5 months from what I can remember. I'm not sure what the turn around time is now though.

I freaking hate it when I come across this thread because I want those light so bad BUT, I'm getting ready to sell my NSX and Esprit because I really want an R34. But I was hoping to get better taillamps for the Skyline and low and behold, I noticed Mike said they have those also. One way or the other Mike you will be getting some of my money in the future!

Back