• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clicking Brakes and Burnt Clutch Question

Like many people on this forum i have been experiencing a clicking/creaking noise from the rear when braking from 20-0 mph. I had the car checked out and they found that my discs were warped in the rear and slightly in the front. They told me that they could be resurfaced but this would be the last time that they could do the rears. I had them done and I had the rest of the brake components cleaned and lubed before they put everything back together. The car braked much, much better afterwards (naturally) and the noise was gone completely. After about 2 weeks and some hard braking the noise came back. I had my friend at the shop check them again and he said that it looked like the rears had warped again and they were slightly rounded. I am running an 18/19 rim combo and I wonder if the weight might have been too much for the already thinning rear rotors. I am also starting to get the same noise in the front but much less than the rear. Are the rotors finished? Could it be something else? If they are finished am i better to replace the with the OEM discs or replace them with slotted and drilled Powerslot rotors which i can get for much less? If someone could shed some light on the situation it would be a huge help. As it stands it is very loud and annoying and i am not mechanically inclined enough to be 100% certain.

For my clutch question, i accidentally rode the clutch hard for about 2 seconds the other day (its a long story involving an inconsiderate female driver) and i smelt a terrible burning smell. Needless to say i was pissed off as I had just changed the clutch about a month ago (OEM) and was being extra careful with it. The clutch is gripping hard still but the engagement point seems to have moved a little bit higher when releasing the pedal. I'm wondering how much damage i could have done and to what parts of the clutch? I am also wondering if there is any way possible to return the engagement point back to its original point without changing the whole clutch again? Like I said, the clutch still grabs as hard as when it was new, but I can notice the catch point difference when I'm shifting. Most people wont even notice but I am very anal about the car and I am hoping that I can correct the mishap.

Any guidance on these issues would be a great help.

Back