• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ruptured slave cylinder hose

Hi everyone, I have purchased a new hose for my NSX and have a few questions on how to install and bleed it so I have clutch pressure again. In the picture there is a small clip. I also ordered U-shaped clip that goes to the soft hose connection to the hard pipe connection. I am not sure if I need that but I ordered it anyways. How do I get pressure when my clutch pedal is on the floor and does not want to come up by itself does not feel like it’s pushing in anything, no resistance. Is this something I can do from the top of the motor or do I have to get under?

Attachments

• 70949681201__8D1CED84-D9A6-4FC3-B651-F09E5880ED36.jpeg
    70949681201__8D1CED84-D9A6-4FC3-B651-F09E5880ED36.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 6
I can't comment on the clip. The clutch pedal mechanism has a spring shown in this diagram which should return the clutch pedal to the 'up' position even when there is no hydraulic pressure in the system.

Clutch Pedal.jpg

If your pedal has collapsed to the floor it seems like the spring is broken, gone missing or perhaps slipped out of place. Without the spring bleeding the hydraulics using the pedal pump method is going to be painful. You might be able to do it by manually lifting the pedal and allowing the clutch MC cylinder to fill and then pushing the pedal down and then again manually lifting the pedal - repeat this many times. If you can fashion a pressure cap adaptor for the clutch reservoir you could do a pressure bleed of the system, just manually rase the pedal an apply pressure to the reservoir to force fluid through the system. With the pedal held in the up position, you could also do a vacuum bleed at the slave cylinder end using a Mityvac style tool. I used the Mityvac method; but, only once. It takes a lot of hand pumping to bleed the clutch hydraulics so I am a fan of hte pressure bleed if you have the necessary tools.

My recommendation would be to find out what is going on with the clutch pedal spring and fix or replace it. This should allow you to execute a conventional pump the pedal clutch bleeding process.

As a Moderator, I am going to move this to the First Generation Do It Yourself forum.

I would also replace slave and master cylinder with the hose and # 27 O-ring. If you don't want to replace the master, than definitely replace the slave cylinder.
It's normal when the clutch pedal drops to the floor and you have to pull it up when you start bleeding the system.
Make sure that you keep filling reservoir. It takes many pumps to build pressure so take your time.

Back