• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Climate control went blank!

The other day my climate control display, INCLUDING the lighted buttons, went completely blank.

The system still works fine, can select all buttons and dial temp up and down perfectly fine. This seems to indicate just a problem with the display.

After studying the parts fische, it looks to me like there is a bulb or 2 that plugs into the display. Does anyone know if this will fix the digital display and the buttons as well?

Thanks,

John Maurice
'92 Sebring Silver

Last edited:
The display and the indicator lights on the buttons going blank does happen and I see that problem on about 20% of the CCU's I work on. The question I have is do the knobs light up? If both lamps are burnt out then the display will be dark not because the lamps light up the display but because they are some how used as a load for the display circuit.

All the lights are dead...just as you describe. Display went simultaneous to the lights going on all buttons and dials, and one side went minutes before the other, strangely.

I'm going to have my center console plate custom reworked for a double DIN with stock look, and I'll order and replace those little bulbs when the plate is off for work:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=NSX&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=2DR+NSX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEATER%2BCONTROL&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

I can't remember if there were any other "prophylactic" measures us high-mileage guys should be doing when the center console is pulled?

John

Back